Carver C-500 upgrade to WOPL

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Backplates done minus rail to ground caps.

now to discuss which trams to use for this thing. It has five outputs per channel so I could gat away with four using the mj21195/96. Or I could take out the MJ 15024/25 from my factory comp units, they are only a few years old, and them upgrade those to the Mj21195/96. So what do you all think??!!

Attachments

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Well I am back at again.

We have had setbacks with my wife and daughter in and out of hospital lately. Really scary for a while. We have good health care up here but you have to bring food and help all day because the food is shit and the help only gives you a little time. We are on the mend now so looking forward to two weeks in Hawaii with granddaughter in tow On the 20th. We had to cancel our trip to the desert last month. The stress has been high enough that I have lost 10 lbs.

I got got time today to do have some me time and got some work done on the C-500 I started in the spring.

A "D" release of Joe's control boards I build a while back which was benched with the Release E boards on my 700 will go into this.

Here re is the progress. If I get time tomorrow it might get some power to it, although I have to rework the front panel for a on off switch and that might be an other day to bring it to life.

Attachments

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Just a 400 with another row ain't it??
Yes Lee it seamed to be a 400 with a fifth row of output transistors. I will populate it with MJ51145/25 that I put in a 700 a few years ago and then update that unit to MJ21195/96. I will let you know on rail voltage. The control board is quite advanced over the 400. It has more protection against high frequency oscillation etc.

I bet it puts out the same wattage as the 400 as the rail voltage is supposed to be 80v.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Should be close, with a little more current sharing going on, not a bad thing at all...

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
If it was mine I'd paint it....but that's just me....
I will paint a few next time I am painting chassis. It just a way to put off doing it you know.
I layed out the hole and screw location to the thousandths with this thingymagig ( best thing ever for layout and I almost bought a 4" thick granite table for it last week for $200 but my senses can back to me)

Attachments