Carver 4000t Pre

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Putting your ashes in a WOPL and doing the Phoenix Tour??? Thats an IDEA BRO..... hell, I'd tote you around in my saddlebag, no problem.... and, I'll keep the cats away too (have antifreeze, will travel)......

Huh
Yep, shop rumor was Perry was going baby seal clubbing on the ice down south.. I can see it.. :lol:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Putting your ashes in a WOPL and doing the Phoenix Tour??? Thats an IDEA BRO..... hell, I'd tote you around in my saddlebag, no problem.... and, I'll keep the cats away too (have antifreeze, will travel)......

Huh
I can dig it, just don't vacuum me out thinking it's dust bunnies because I will be seriously pissed and have to send a major power surge through your house

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Hey Jer - were you guys involved with the Ice Pirates?
Yep, that was my unit VXE-6 Antarctic Development Squadron. Spent 4 years with em.... All 4 years were in Christchurch New Zealand working Intermediate (I Level) Maintenance. I ran the I Level AT Shop. I volunteered on my last deployment to go to the ice at McMurdo but the Command Master Chief thought I was scamming so I had to stay in Chi-Chi and collect $200 a day Per Diem..... I was usually down there at least 180 days a year.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Not I, I think I went to the "rock" (Diego Garcia) but Perry I think went way down south... was that before or after North Island, Perry? Can't recall.. fuzzy.. haha
I went to Pt. Mugu (our home base) after my 4 years at North Island. VXE-6 was a hard unit to get a spot in. Man, I got me some stories of being in Christchurch NZ..... What a beautiful city UNTIL the earthquake took it down. We used to go to the local brewery and fill up our anti-freeze jugs with what we (and they) called Rocket Fuel.... Friggin 8.5%..... Party like a rock star...............

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I think I loaded my shorts on the 8th hole of the golf course..... I don't golf, don't know how I got there...... Left a Harley shirt buy the pin....

HUH???

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Hey Jer - were you guys involved with the Ice Pirates?

Navo, the Organizational Level guys (aircraft mech's, fuse pullers etc) went down to the ice at McMurdo and supported the aircraft and they called themselves the "Ice Pirates". Us guys (with more than 3 brain cells) stayed in Christchurch and we called ourselves the CHI-CHI Banditos...
Here are a couple of patches I was saving. On the left is the Deep Freeze medal you get when you go down for 30 + days... I had to steal one since they wouldn't let me go.

C130's with skis...... Friggin crazy....

IMG_4404.jpg

NavLinear

Cool Stuff Perry - I hung out with some of the guys stationed at Point Mugu from the deep freeze squadron in the early 70's. A very small world indeed.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Navo, the Organizational Level guys (aircraft mech's, fuse pullers etc) went down to the ice at McMurdo and supported the aircraft and they called themselves the "Ice Pirates". Us guys (with more than 3 brain cells) stayed in Christchurch and we called ourselves the CHI-CHI Banditos...
Here are a couple of patches I was saving. On the left is the Deep Freeze medal you get when you go down for 30 + days... I had to steal one since they wouldn't let me go.

C130's with skis...... Friggin crazy....

View attachment 31160

Very cool patches there, no pun intended. You know it's cold when a penguin's asshole puckers