Brother Lyle's Phase Linear 3300 Ser II Preamp...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
No six pac in the phono stage on this one, lyle's not a vinyl nut, the next one that comes through I'm gonna try some different things....these pots had rivets in them already Dennis, don't want to disturb that....

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
No six pac in the phono stage on this one, lyle's not a vinyl nut, the next one that comes through I'm gonna try some different things....these pots had rivets in them already Dennis, don't want to disturb that....
That must've been a non-PL mod - I'll have to go back and reread this thread to see how they did this. Rivets on a PCB - not the best choice.

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
nope not a vinly nut just a nut lol but i do have a small vinly collection 250 records or so

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
nope not a vinly nut just a nut lol but i do have a small vinly collection 250 records or so
If you were we would tear down the phono section, it's not bad, just could be better. Couple days worth though...

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Did you fix the headphone jack or stay with the mod?

I wanted to send you one of the LED holders but couldn't find the one or two extras I had built. Our machine time is crazy now - so I couldn't get one out to you with the last post. Maybe next time.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Fixed the headphone jack. Didn't entirely understand the mod so out it came. Still think it was turned into a mic jack.....