Brother Lyle's Phase Linear 3300 Ser II Preamp...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Lyle had his system ripped off in a burglary. He got Kate ( A WOPL'd 700 Ser I ) but his pre was long gone. It took a couple months but we found him something worthy of Kate (BTW-Kate is one BAD 700, 500 plus) .
So it looks like this will ba a Pre weekend with Johans shakedown and Jase's in.

Very interesting to have the 3300 and 3600 here at the same time, a direct head to head comparison can be made......interesting...

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Gonna try to get this pre and Chris' crossovers done before the 700 gets here tuesday. Some funny stuff happening in this 3300. the stock headphone jack is cable tried down to the board .....another one going into the line amp stage....different transistors in the line amp stage also. I'm guessing mic amp or instrument plug.....

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I haven't, Lyle reminds me daily.....don't blame him, he's been WOPL-less for months now, poor bastard.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Really the same basic circuits...worse components, and the same choking of the low frequency response, but Joe cure that about 3 3300's ago....the 3600 has a better phono section...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Done with the component swapping, still have the op=-amps to swap out and bypass....Dennis, didn't lift a trace on this one, course I did not tarry too long in one place either....

Attachments

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Done with the component swapping, still have the op=-amps to swap out and bypass....Dennis, didn't lift a trace on this one, course I did not tarry too long in one place either....
That is the secret - do it fast. Did you leave the pots in place? I'm thinking that is best - just surround them with some cut up rags, tip the board and give them some short squirts - that should do the trick.

No more 10uF Wimas? I do want to make a bracket to hold a board in place using the RCA mounts on the backside. That would keep any motherboard mods unnecessary.

Nice job on the upgrade Lee. It's looking sweet.