Breaking news...Ammon Bundy reported in custody, militants fail to appear in John Day

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
(AP) Duane Ehmer of Irrigon, Oregon, was found guilty in March of depredation of government property — for digging a trench on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. At Thursday's sentencing, Ehmer said he dug the hole for protection, fearing the government was about to violently storm the refuge.

But U.S. District Judge Anna Brown said Ehmer was trespassing, so there was no reasonable excuse for damaging property that also contained artifacts important to the Burns Paiute Tribe.

The trench was dug the morning after occupation leader Ammon Bundy and other key figures were arrested. Bundy and six co-defendants were found not guilty in a separate trial.

He received a sentence of a year and one day in federal prison. That's all you get for digging yourself in a hole, I guess.

orange

Tagline
Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Basically the less fortunate flunkies and foot soldiers took the fall because the government had it's head up it's nether regions thinking they would hear Jingle Bells. Not too surprised.

orange

Tagline
And if you haven't heard, the reason the whole affair started, the Hammonds being arrested is over as Trump pardoned them and sent them home.

orange

Tagline
Today's Bundy related news (yes, it's still coming) is that an FBI sharpshooter has been found NOT GUILTY for trying to cover up his role in the shooting of LaVoy Finnicum...he denies firing shots at Finnicum, and a jury agreed.

orange

Tagline
Following up, Ammon Bundy recently said he's through with the whole patriot thing over his views on Trump or something. I forget where I saw it now but it's ironic, don't you think?