Big collection being sold

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Why are people always telling me to get the led out of my pants??? Is it cause it's to big???

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Got the caps out late last night. Definitely not original as they are clean. Looked for date code deciphering info on the web but no luck. The upper long number is the part#, so thinking the bottom number probably contains the date.
the middle number is date code year 97 and 29th week the three digits on other side indicate factory info

658 refers to factory Sangamo Components Division, Pickens, SC

228 may be batch number but I am not sure of that

Last edited:

George S.

Got the 700 tore down. Found the chassis was perfect except for the common bend the commercial amps have between the transformer and heat sink. Worked on it for about 30 minutes on the garage bench with wooden blocks and a makeshift wooden lever press and slowly massaged it straight. Looks very good and everything lines up with a aluminum straight edge and 90 deg triangle. Faceplate, and the cover screw holes line up perfect.
The transformer bell was pretty well bent at the top, and I was very hesitant as it's die cast aluminum. But I slowly and methodically worked on it with wooden blocks and hammer. Turned out nice, and no cracks.
Sticker on heat sink says PL "Division of International Jensen". Think it was made 03/82 from the small sticker on the bell.
No signs of heat sink compound on the unit except for under the Zoebel resistors.

Attachments

Last edited:

George S.

The faceplate screws are countersunk into the chassis and faceplate, effectively "locking" the front of the unit securely, and allowing rack mounting as the screws are flush.
The attenuators are Alps 50k with detents, they both actually ohm out at 42k on a Fluke and DER EE. Weird. Maybe they're tired.

Attachments

Last edited:

George S.

Got it. Wasn't even thinking about tolerance. Both are very close to 42k so they're good to reuse after I clean them up. Thanks. I'm slowly learning.

Dutch54

Journeyman
George, I think I have one out of the line up of Pro 700 with a 1117 number and the two 700b in the rack with the locks for on/off knobs.

George S.

George does Pro 700 have a number etched on it below the right meter?
Yes it did! That intermediate plate is painted. I fine sanded it and filled the etching with repeated painting and sanding. Sadly I never documented that number as I considered it a inventory number.

George S.

Dutch those 700Bs might be the Santana units. We'd sure enjoy some photos. You know what they say!