Big collection being sold

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
My guess is he knows the asking prices are unrealistic and he's going after best offers. So he takes your best offer, then waits for other offers. As long as his books and cash flow look good he can prolong the wait. Then at some point he contacts those who made offers and starts negotiating, probably with no or little eBay involvement. Probably has a brick and mortar store.

Last edited:

George S.

I scored the first Pro 700 on today's auction. Been watching Treasure Hunters auctions every day, waiting for a Pro to come up.
Price of $610 was way more than I wanted to pay, but from the photos I saw it's full-comp with new correct output transistors and maybe new storage caps as they look clean. So some savings are there along with the free shipping. Yes the unit is scratched up but that's to be expected for a ex-commercial unit, patina, no issues.
If Treasure Hunter bought the entire Purple Phase Linear Hoard, then watch for another potential 15 units to appear. https://flic.kr/p/bgDMmp

Last edited:

George S.

If you look at rack #3, above what appears to be a Dynaco, there are two 700Bs. I think these are the two Darrel refers to back in Pueblo as the Santana 700Bs.

Last edited:

George S.

Treasure Hunter has another Pro 700 listed. Good luck to you all who want one. No more for me. I'm now set to tri-amp my system. A 700 for the subs, a 400 for the JBL woofers, and a 400 for the mids and tweets.

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
I scored the first Pro 700 on today's auction. Been watching Treasure Hunters auctions every day, waiting for a Pro to come up.
Price of $610 was way more than I wanted to pay, but from the photos I saw it's full-comp with new correct output transistors and maybe new storage caps as they look clean. So some savings are there along with the free shipping. Yes the unit is scratched up but that's to be expected for a ex-commercial unit, patina, no issues.
If Treasure Hunter bought the entire Purple Phase Linear Hoard, then watch for another potential 15 units to appear. https://flic.kr/p/bgDMmp
I wonder what happened to the speakers?
Generally there was a bunch of these Clair Bros S4's hooked up.

Clair Bros S4.jpg

George S.

George S.

Appears the outputs were replaced in 2000 or 2010 by the date codes, need to do some more research, they're not the latest revision "G" outputs.
Haven't had a chance to open it up and look for a date on the storage caps, will try to do that this coming weekend.
Appears these are some of the amps that Pueblo owner "Darrel" said were upgraded by Ed Blackwood.

Last edited: