Best Monster Amp

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Rail voltage should be 80v, same as a 400. The flow thru ones are quite a bit better sounding then the original A-C models according to the Peavey Forum (lower THD)

My dander is not up in the least Lee, you know this shit more then me and I don't mind deferring to you at all. That's how you learn and I find it informative to know the capabilities of the amp better

Northwinds

Tagline
So with that rail voltage (80v), can the transistors be upgraded to the same ones as in my WOPL500? MJ whatevers?

Northwinds

Tagline
Don't know Ron, I'd have to look at the schematic..
Well, if you come across it in your travels, could you let me know? Remember, it's not the 4 rack space one like the original A-C models, it's 3 rack space version with a totally different layout and not affected by trapped heat like the older ones

Would a bigger tranny help also?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Saw those a couple years ago. Ed showed me. One of his old sound buddy's still in the business is running them..

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Check out Nexo Mike...commercial stuff built by Yamaha......OH MAN.....

Nexo. Thanks Lee very cool stuff. I like what they say about there NX Amps.

"audio quality of traditional class AB amplifiers with the heat dissipation of class D amplifiers. "

http://nexo-sa.com/en/products/56/#slug/

Northwinds

Tagline
On the used market in a few years they will be dirt cheap. Agreed, I will stick with WOPL's. A friend is giving me a set of 901 series 1's w/ the eq since he does not use his stereo anymore. Thinking the Peavey will drive them in the garage for awhile

BubbaH

Tagline
---
On the used market in a few years they will be dirt cheap. Agreed, I will stick with WOPL's. A friend is giving me a set of 901 series 1's w/ the eq since he does not use his stereo anymore. Thinking the Peavey will drive them in the garage for awhile
Boooo. Hang them in ur living room and run 4 speaks.

Northwinds

Tagline
He had offered them to me last year for $300 but I said no way LOL. Now he just wants to make room. I will probably owe him a favor in the future though. I have some fishnets so they will probably be hanging from the joists in the garage, never liked how they sounded on the pedestals. He has some other stereo stuff left also, who knows, maybe I will fill the van with more stuff I can't use LOL. I had a set of the 901 series 1's back in the 80s. They were supposed to be unlimited power handling but I managed to burn them up using them for stage monitors powered with a pair of Carver cubes

Northwinds

Tagline
So in other words you Carved'em up lol.
Pretty much, not my fault, they claimed unlimited power and the cube's would crank until you tripped the circuit breaker on the outlet. I think it was 15A breaker and the breaker never went