Audio Alchemy

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
speakerman1 said:
Web Police said:
Well for now, I just bought a Chinese tube Dac/preamp off ebay. It is a clone of the one GF is selling for 2/3rds of their price. I haven't bought a CD player yet still doing some research into them. As far as tubes I will probably get a quad set of Mullard reissues for about $75 or so.
Little secret GF is the clone. Where do you think theirs come from. Never mention me if you ever talk to them. We don't see eye to eye on business practices. Really we can't stand each other.

Larry

Yeah that's what I meant it is the same thing as they are selling for quite a bit less. I asked them for a bias wrench at one time and told them their Buddy Larry sent me to them for the free wrench. No wonder I never got a response. :cyclops:

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Web Police said:
speakerman1 said:
[quote="Web Police":35nv2mrh]Well for now, I just bought a Chinese tube Dac/preamp off ebay. It is a clone of the one GF is selling for 2/3rds of their price. I haven't bought a CD player yet still doing some research into them. As far as tubes I will probably get a quad set of Mullard reissues for about $75 or so.
Little secret GF is the clone. Where do you think theirs come from. Never mention me if you ever talk to them. We don't see eye to eye on business practices. Really we can't stand each other.

Larry

Yeah that's what I meant it is the same thing as they are selling for quite a bit less. I asked them for a bias wrench at one time and told them their Buddy Larry sent me to them for the free wrench. No wonder I never got a response. :cyclops:[/quote:35nv2mrh]
I was their first dealer any where. They were selling stuff 5 miles from my store instead of sending them to me. We got into it a little bit when their customer told me this. LOL

I'm watching some AA components for sale on ebay. Will see what they bring. I think I can get the drawings and I know I can get a remote. One guy is a moron. He tried plugging it into the unit while the power supply was plugged in and got sparks. So he thinks it is broken. Take a look at them and tell me what you think.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
It is up to 102.00 with more than 2 days to go and it is broken none the less. It will go for around 350.00 I think. Did you see the other stuff with 9 days left? The AA stuff got some good reviews in its day. If I remember right the pre is passive I think. Never saw how many watts the amp put out. If I remember it might have been 35 wpc.

Larry

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
No probs.. take your time.

Man, I've come full circle.. friggin weird... With this new MB and with Win 7 64 bit, the M-Audio is having no issues at all. Recording with no probs.. sounds great too. Now that EMU 0404 is a different story - playback is fine, but recording sucks. Can't quite figure it out...

Maybe I'll have an emu for sale...

speakerman1

Tagline
Web Police said:
Go for it. Although there is quite a bit of time left, but for the right price. :thumbright:
They pulled that auction. Wonder if they are selling them separately? I had it on my watch list and thought i must be really sick.

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Jerry,

The AA gear is packed and I'll get to the PO on Saturday and ship it Priority. You will finally be able to put it back in it's home. :thumbright:

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I got the laser for the CDP yesterday. I went by what a transport listing said was in it. WRONG. So I looked at the one in it. Like I should have. And ordered it at a lot less cost. Now I have to figure out how to remove it and not be a bull in a China shop. LOL

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Ok, Jerry I mailed out the AA stuff. It will take till the end of next week as I sent it PP instead of Priority. I repacked it in a little larger box and Priority was going to be close to $20 so I sent it Parcel Post. :cyclops: