A's Front Door Service 400 WOPL'in...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep, stick your foot in it and keep it there for a couple days and you're good. Monitor heats ink temp when you fire it up for awhile till you get some idea how warm it's gonna run. If you ate a Mach 8 guy, keep a fan handy.

Jer, IC's ate on the way. 2 to 3 day priority mail.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Jerry, can you elaborate a little more about those PS caps? Part #, ratings, mounting, etc. That looks like one of Joe's small boards on top. I have an early 4 fin with those side mounted caps and I'm always looking at options for upgrades.

Thanks!!

That's a White Oak 400 cap kit.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
It's ALIVE!!!

Question for you guys - what is the normal break-in period for these amps? The guy who serviced my PL300 and 2000 said it was like 80 hours for the caps to break-in. Also, any cooling issues that I need to worry about, Jer??
Like they said, leave er on for a few .. : )

I don't think we'll have cooling issues, but it depends on the load.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Here's it in action. Yep, a 400... lol. Imagine Frankey.. I have never gotten him even close before shit started falling off of walls and shelves..

(phone's mic is WAYYY overloaded, obviously.. )

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/to2WS8cZbd4?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Hell yeah, I been playing with the one I bought a while back. Got it all fingered out now. It's quite the Bongiorno gadget. I'm trying to find a Used Prism dscope III for my auto testing. Trying to move up. The audio precision apx5xx audio analyzer at a decent price. I need the PC based software (windows) so the prism unit is the bomb. Just expensive as hell.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Hell yeah, I been playing with the one I bought a while back. Got it all fingered out now. It's quite the Bongiorno gadget. I'm trying to find a Used Prism dscope III for my auto testing. Trying to move up. The audio precision apx5xx audio analyzer at a decent price. I need the PC based software (windows) so the prism unit is the bomb. Just expensive as hell.
Didn't we have a guy.. Jeff something or another.. with a HATS bench rumored to be in his garage? :hello1::compress::toothy5: