Anyone know how to fix a chipped pulley on a Rek-O-Kut Rondine?

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Well, finally got the plinth completed...

Everything is spinning as it should, not a bit of hum.

So...time to bring it up out of the basement:

All that's left now if the inevitable tweaking and deciding just the right cartridge for this beast. The Shure SC35C working just fine for now though.

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
It was a really fun process. It motivated me to finally learn how to solder and I learned a lot about turntables. And now I have a box of spare parts for the inevitable next project.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
A job that can be completed successfully and you learn things along the way is always cool....

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Wow, that looks great, Dave. The stain colour of the plinth accents the script, nicely. For your first time rebuilding a turntable, you did a phenomenal job.

Nando.

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thanks guys. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. My main goals were to have the wiring solid with everything properly grounded and humm/buzz free, keep the rumble to a minimum, and make it look presentable enough for it to come up out of the basement, so I'm feeling good on all points.

Next project may be a DIY Step Up Transformer so I can consider a Denon 103 on this thing. Will need to dig into some researching what that would require. But, the Shure really does sound quite good as is.

Last edited: