Anybody worked on or with UREI 6500 amplifiers

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I suppose I never re visited this thread. Dude was a scammer/decided not to sell/fell out of the plane he was supposed to arrive on from Florida to sell them to me/ fell over dead hell I don't know. We drove to Macon Ga. to meet him my daughter and I and he never showed even though I called him several times. So no go on the equipment.

Will2

New Around These Parts
Was probably shopping them for a baseline; or couldn't afford the buy. I was interested in one more for my home stereo setup at a decent price.
Thanks for getting back to me!
Will

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Was probably shopping them for a baseline; or couldn't afford the buy. I was interested in one more for my home stereo setup at a decent price.
Thanks for getting back to me!
Will
Just looked up one of these amps. Yikes on the price and meh on the specs. Unless it’s of some collectors value to you there’s better options for monster amps. I’m using QSC in my shop system (7600watts of) and my pops has an RMX series as his sub amp. Other than the fan noise at idle they’re great. Hell the carver Pt-2400 I use in my house system has fan noise, turn up the volume or if you’re very critical remote mount the amp I’ve considered this for the house stereo, mount the amp directly below in my basement. Pops got his for a few hundred bucks used, pretty sure is 550wpc at 8ohm 2450w bridged.

Attachments

Will2

New Around These Parts
I'm in a smaller apartment, so 300 watts or so @ 8ohms is good for me! Still; these are a flip of a switch from mono operation, and I may move to bigger digs one day so I'm open to one more in excellent condition to match the one I have!

Will2

New Around These Parts
I really do like the 6500 for home stereo use. I don't push it hard for the neighbors sake; but it's a very pure sounding studio amplifier to my ears. As in what goes in is faithfully reproduced with an ease to the sound. Fully dual mono from the power cord and 14 Toshiba's per channel; only 275 wpc @ 8 ohms suggests it's almost loafing along...
It's a very nice amp that has great synergy with my apartment system.

Last edited:

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
I really do like the 6500 for home stereo use. I don't push it hard for the neighbors sake; but it's a very pure sounding studio amplifier to my ears. As in what goes in is faithfully reproduced with an ease to the sound. Fully dual mono from the power cord and 14 Toshiba's per channel; only 275 wpc @ 8 ohms suggests it's almost loafing along...
It's a very nice amp that has great synergy with my apartment system.
It better “synergy” me off, cradle the nuts and swallow the gravy for $2750...

Will2

New Around These Parts
I paid a little bit more than 300 for mine, untested. It came from a local studio sale and didn't have a scratch on it. Crossed fingers bought it home and it played as good as it looked. A week later my Sony TA-N55ES's and Yamaha M-2 went on the market. Haven't thought about selling or upgrading it since, other than building an amp stand for it. I'm good for a while.