Any interest in 700B Handle group buy (minimum $150 buy in for 2 pair)

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
China. And over the interwebs. I'm embarrassed to admit ,I had no idea you could do that.
Did you write the code & send it Perry?

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
Worked for me. That's crazy the waste involved. I'm thinking that's why they cost what they do. I worked in an aluminum extruding plant way back in another time. We did extruding, fabricating , and anodizing. That was before cnc machines. I guess it would have been interesting to an outsider, but to us it was just a job. Glad I got out.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Yup, all dots and dashes... You know, dit dot dot dit dot dit...

No I had the originals 3D scanned... Cost me my left nut.... Luckily I wasn't using it anyway....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Worked for me. That's crazy the waste involved. I'm thinking that's why they cost what they do. I worked in an aluminum extruding plant way back in another time. We did extruding, fabricating , and anodizing. That was before cnc machines. I guess it would have been interesting to an outsider, but to us it was just a job. Glad I got out.

There isn't any waste. The shavings go into the bin to be melted down again.... Some waste of energy maybe

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Works fine for me too.
I doubt they worry about the waste like here in the States. Just send it back to the foundry where the workers make two bucks and a bowl of rice per week.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
UPDATE:

They arrived. I'm heading out to our annual "Fools Day" Party (my bike club).... I'll start boxing them up tomorrow or Monday. I kinda like these, they have more of a satin look bit they did a great job..... They can be used as is, or powder coated/painted too.............. I think I had them tapped for 10-32 but I'll check again.....

IMG_5491.JPG

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
UPDATE:

They arrived. I'm heading out to our annual "Fools Day" Party (my bike club).... I'll start boxing them up tomorrow or Monday. I kinda like these, they have more of a satin look bit they did a great job..... They can be used as is, or powder coated/painted too.............. I think I had them tapped for 10-32 but I'll check again.....

View attachment 34439

I believe the last ones were 10-32

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Why are there those two holes?

The handles on my 700B are likewise and all this time, since 1990, I thought it was a blunder. To me, it looked like holes were drilled in the wrong spot then holes got drilled in the right spot and those ones were tapped.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Why are there those two holes?

The handles on my 700B are likewise and all this time, since 1990, I thought it was a blunder. To me, it looked like holes were drilled in the wrong spot then holes got drilled in the right spot and those ones were tapped.
Gary these handles were made back in the day to fit different components. The 700b had hole spacing of 96 mm for some racking standard somewhere. There are other components which have a slightly wider hole pattern like my series 1 700 at 4””

They just preped them for both aplication I believe

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The original purpose of these particular handles was drawer pulls in England. In some neighborhood of London there are houses out there fellas that ARE FULL OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Gary these handles were made back in the day to fit different components. The 700b had hole spacing of 96 mm for some racking standard somewhere. There are other components which have a slightly wider hole pattern like my series 1 700 at 4””

They just preped them for both aplication I believe
I just measured them not even close for the 4” spacing. I will go with Lee’s comments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Ed researched this exhaustively years ago.....

I have some original handles and ther came with a sticker that said " Product of England"...