An other boomer soon to leave the barn

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Started a build I had been sitting on. It’s my upgrade to the Claire 700 series two.

well not much left of it with basically all new top to bottom. got to find me some wire to finish this puppy off , not really got lots
398DC32D-ABF3-4407-97F0-AD6866528320.jpeg 855B03E0-5A7B-487D-A5EA-E5CF4CAF7DE0.jpeg 9E8A63F2-32B5-4601-AC11-6C0344946F4A.jpeg

got me one of those dual mono boards you know , so its going to sound great.

Last edited:

NavLinear

Hey Glen - still have lots of wire. Discount seen in the near future. I have precut stuff I would like to offload.

George S.

Glenn, I'm watching your thread with interest. I really like how you fabbed the copper bus bar and used socket head bolts. The copper bus bar that PL used on the 700 I'm building is less substantial and thinner than the ones they used on the older 400s I WOPLed. I'm watching and going to copy some of your ideas!

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Glenn, I'm watching your thread with interest. I really like how you fabbed the copper bus bar and used socket head bolts. The copper bus bar that PL used on the 700 I'm building is less substantial and thinner than the ones they used on the older 400s I WOPLed. I'm watching and going to copy some of your ideas!
So I just gave enough in the photo that can yield many other tit bits. Look hard everyone

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Aluminum works just as well...

View attachment 57284
Aluminum may be a better choice than copper with respect to any galvanic reaction to the power cap connections. I’m with George the copper is not only BASS but has some bling

I always use SS lock washers between them. Not sure how well silver plated washers stop electrolysis. I build some ocean going Aluminum fire boats for the Mexican offshore oil field. We always used SS fasteners along with a gasket or insulating beading compound. These were ships mind you floating in a salt water sea- lots of electrons moving there.