777 Terrorism?

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Probably, otherwise you would think there would have been some communications from the crew. Something made that impossible.

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
That was my initial thought when they mentioned that two people were on the plane with stolen passports

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Yes, it's tragic, but it seems like somebody in security should have seen something...US Homeland Security had warned of possible new shoebomb? threats...have the passengers with the stolen passports been identified?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Very tragic indeed but, if it was terrorists, why this flight? Who or what on that plane was the target?

777 has always been one of my favorite numbers.
Mysterious indeed so far. And the 2 stolen passports on that flight make it even more sinister.

If it turns out to be terrorism, this is a new pattern emerging as no group has claimed responsibility yet as far as I have heard.

The old pattern was to trumpet the act nearly immediately, like bragging. The silent pattern, if it turns out to be that, will be much more disturbing to the general public.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Why any flight? A lot of stuff is going on over there also. There is no understanding the taking of life. There are so many redundancies on an aircraft. Even if the pilots were dead avionics would still report aircraft position.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
You would think by now they would have real time black boxes that would not only record the data but transmit/relay it through a satellite to a ground based computer. Then you could examine the flight data right away instead to trying to find the wreckage, then retrieve the black boxes in 15,000 feet of water.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
You would think by now they would have real time black boxes that would not only record the data but transmit/relay it through a satellite to a ground based computer. Then you could examine the flight data right away instead to trying to find the wreckage, then retrieve the black boxes in 15,000 feet of water.
The aircraft industry is very conservative and controlled by huge regulations which take years to change. Change is slow but coming. Telemetry recording (of nearly everything) is causing an explosion in the data storage industry. Mining it is a large topic of a lot of discussion and research activity. The Big Data challenge.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Have you sold data storage to the NSA? I think they're way ahead on that data thing Joe...

fitz43

There's an old joke in there. Could only be told in the Cave tho....

speakerman1

Tagline
if I remember right. The FDR is like a HD. The CVR is tape. I think. They run in 3 min. loops. Lot of data. Eng parameters, flight control parameters, all you flt. instrument data. The only other thing I can even fathom is a bird strike to the wind screen and shattering it. How much time to shoot that data to the Sat. then back and then store. Plus a lot of data to retrieve and store.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
if I remember right. The FDR is like a HD. The CVR is tape. I think. They run in 3 min. loops. Lot of data. Eng parameters, flight control parameters, all you flt. instrument data. The only other thing I can even fathom is a bird strike to the wind screen and shattering it. How much time to shoot that data to the Sat. then back and then store. Plus a lot of data to retrieve and store.
Either that or they went through a black hole or some aliens abducted them? No signs of wreckage yet. Don't they have some sort of GPS where the controllers can pinpoint their last position? We located the Titanic so they have to be able to find the craft. Short of a cabin explosion or rapid depressurization you would think there would have been some distress call?

I would think the NSA or our military probably has some sort of satellite images or a record of what happened to it also? God knows they are spying on everything else. :rabbit:

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
Water carries sound. Hit two rocks together while under water. The Underwater beacon is activated when it is submerged. Lot of plastic on a plane. The boxes are behind the pressure bulk heads. A small explosion in or right behind the cockpit would take out 99% of all electrical. If the plane nosed in it would still be intact. If he ditched it it should be intact. Where is the fuel. 7 hr flt. your going to have a lot of fuel on board. If the tanks weren't. breached no fuel. Fuel valves are normally closed. If you cut power they close. Depending on CG if just a little fwd will nose it over with no power. They said at 35,000 ft it has a glide time of 20 min.s. Flame retardant not fire proof. Nothing unusual? A plane lost at 35,000 ft just gone.

This was a reply to a person on here http://www.educateinspirechange.org...e-told-lost-malaysia-airlines-flight-370.html