700B submerged in 6” of water....hmmmmm...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Can't give this one a girl's name, it's Mark (Spitz) or Greg (Louganis). Or Johnny (Weissmuller).

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
now if it was just the heat sinks, I would have thought it was done by design, but the heavy side down isn't right. Hope the transformer is no damaged.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
now if it was just the heat sinks, I would have thought it was done by design, but the heavy side down isn't right. Hope the transformer is no damaged.
Most likely on its side in a flooded basement. A rusty transformer might still work, I suppose, since the copper windings won’t rust. Aluminum heat sinks wouldn’t be affected either.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
The left VU meter appears to be, what all kids say now “kittywampus” 7AFEBDAE-D65B-4029-8659-4F0A9D55D947.png

Last edited:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Most likely on its side in a flooded basement. A rusty transformer might still work, I suppose, since the copper windings won’t rust. Aluminum heat sinks wouldn’t be affected either.
It may work but poorly. The rust indicates the lam insulation is broken down which leads to eddy current losses. The insulation system may also have broken down being submerged in water. No telling how long it was under water. If it was short, it would probably survive. If for a long period of time, turns into a total crap shoot.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
The left VU meter appears to be, what all kids say now “kittywampus”
I was acquainted with a lot of Jewish people when I lived in Baltimore.
The word for this is “fakakta,” in common US vernacular, “FUK TUP!”