700/1 “Tim” WOPL driver board

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
I think I had the 410’s removed at that point. Doing some outside work rn so I’m not at the amp. I’ll get back to it in a bit though.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
MOTHER TRUCKER!!! I’m working on Tim today cleaning up some wiring and installed meter lights. Just about to button things up and put the face plate and top cover back on for good so last thing was double check the bias. I slipped with the mini grabber and blew up a channel. Got one bad output 2sd555 and don’t have any extras. I’m swapping that channel out with the old xpl909’s that came out of it. FML!

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Hello Angry,
Just looked at your WA board, and see that the Zoebel network is intact. (R10,R11,C4 can't see, C5).
In that picture you have the OEM backplanes, is that correct? If those are being upgraded then the Zoebel
on the WA board needs to be removed. Just checking.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Tim is a Ser I, the Zoebel was on the light board if it has not been removed.....Yeah, who'd a thunk it...

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Hmmmmmm.....
I should have gone further back in the post....now I'm really interested.
I have had a chance to pick one of the early 700's up, and always passed.....
I'm listening now, thanks!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Hmmmmmm.....
I should have gone further back in the post....now I'm really interested.
I have had a chance to pick one of the early 700's up, and always passed.....
I'm listening now, thanks!
There are now new chassis and heatsinks, those Ser I can now be WOPL'd......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yep, those caps and one of those resistors are the Zoebel. Andrew, that should be a 5 ohm resistor next to that cap. The cap and resistor are in PARALLEL with the wires feeding the meters, they can be removed with no effect on anything else. Meter which one is the 5 ohmer....my bad Andrew, should have told you this a lot sooner...a double zoebel won't hurt anything, but it's actual effect would have to be explained by Sir Joe...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
So many projects.....................So little time !
That's great to know...........except now I CAN'T pass on the next 700/1 that comes along. . . .
It's been a well kept secret for awhile. A Ser I faceplate , fully WOPL'd and full complementary would throw em for a loop...

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Is the bias still flaky on the fixed channel??
I’ll have to check the 5 ohm jobs again. Measured them in circuit for 2.5 so I’d assume they’re both 5ohm... no odds Lee, not many 700/1’s pop up easy thing to miss. Bias seemed to steady out after a minute. I’ll check again, left the top off. I’m doing a voltage in/out check at 1khz on the carver rn. Seems to be lacking output. I think I’m clipping the carver before I can drive tim to clipping. Somethings quiffy...