400/1 “Linda” Full WOPL

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Way to go Andrew. I'm also looking forward to your 700 S1 build. You've the most awesome system in the Province!
Thanks, I gotta stop breaking stuff and tear down, clean up my wiring and build a decent entertainment center for the stuff. Was just digging through the stuff you sent me raping some parts and reminded me I have to full comp Tim, there’s also a 700b in the works...

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
tri-amped they system today. It’s pretty epic... big carver running 60hz down, Tim 60-500 ans linda up. found some funky XLR connections wired wrong from the cable supplier also. This solved some noise and hum. Linda is absolutely quiet at idle but Tim still has hum even swapping the corrected XLR cables between them the issue stays the same. Tim is silent with no input connections so there must still be a grounding issue with the Tim/cable interface.

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Stereo fuckery was rudely interrupted as I had to play first responder today. Quick trip to the general store and my friend had a seizure. Tough old bastard made it but thought it was 1994 and didn’t know his own name until the amber lamps took him away. He’s back home now after a CT scan with pending neurological tests. Fun day.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Fuck, just tripped Tim on high temp. I’m driving 4 ohm so not surprised but that old goat takes all I can throw at it. Rev G driver board, original quasi comp, one channel 2sd555 and the other xpl909. I can’t kill it. Put tofu from junk and pounds. Just put a fan on and came right back. Linda surviving my trial by fire so far. Linda is the quietest amp by far. Bottoms up, just tip your cup faggots.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
A plug and receptacle?
They’re push in euro block Phoenix connectors. Need 4 of them, out of stock till end of March/early April from crapazon... they’re for some rca to XLR transformers I’ve got coming to fix my system noise issue.