1st attempt at veneer on a TT Pioneer PL-518

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
When you get it right, you'll SEE IT IMMEDIATLY. I screwed up more than my share but I kept looking for better tools and watched a bunch of pro's videos. When you get you Mahogany to gleam and change in the light, that's when you get the woody.

Attachments

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
DAMN ! No way I would try that ! That looks pretty awesome. I also have some "pommele sapele veneer" that I want to put on my Klipsch Quartets. I love those little speakers but they are in honey oak and I do not care for that so much. One will need some repair on one corner so knowing not to use glue on that will be a damn good thing.

You can use glue after the corner repair, just NOT the Heat-Lok. Contact Cement works for veneer also but follow the directions and if you miss on the laydown of the veneer, toss the whole thing into the fireplace. That's why you cut the veneer a couple inches bigger than the project. An extra set of hands helps immensely.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
A shiny bolt I see ?
It's the upper for my AMT Lightning .22 LR

AMT copied the Ruger 22 MK series until Ruger put them out of bidness. I plan on taking it to the next level. Going from this:
AMT.jpg

To this: (I know, you can't turn a MKIII into a .22/.45 but LIKE it)

invictus.jpg

Last edited:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
No way I would admit to having any but I have a few numbers. Not many but a few. 9-12-15-25
I do not trust the man. Just because you are paranoid don't mean that they ain't out to get you right ?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
No way I would admit to having any but I have a few numbers. Not many but a few. 9-12-15-25
I do not trust the man. Just because you are paranoid don't mean that they ain't out to get you right ?
Exactly....ol junkies know that...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

When you go buy a handgun, they got your number anyway. In Zona you can buy a HG from private parties without paperwork but I have bought A LOT of weapons over the years, I AINT worried. If ya gots to wear a tinfoil hat, move to a bow and arrow if you are worried.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
When you go buy a handgun, they got your number anyway. In Zona you can buy a HG from private parties without paperwork but I have bought A LOT of weapons over the years, I AINT worried. If ya gots to wear a tinfoil hat, move to a bow and arrow if you are worried.
Same as Ga. Far as paper gos from private party. 2 felony's and I will keep the ole tin hat. Anything here is pretty legit anyhow cause in Alabama you can have anything you want in your house or on your own property. AND the wife is an upstanding citizen.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Yep, all sorts of bad things can happen. Overzealous prosecutors reporting incidents to the FED included. However I have lived in Alabama all my life and I have checked the laws thoroughly. I think we will be alright.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Yep, all sorts of bad things can happen. Overzealous prosecutors reporting incidents to the FED included. However I have lived in Alabama all my life and I have checked the laws thoroughly. I think we will be alright.

Just remember, Federal laws trump state. If the boys want to get involved, the sheriff cant do shit. specially when it comes to weapons.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Alabama can't help (nor can anybody else). If you value your freedom, get rid of them.

Under federal law, the crime of Felon in Possession of a Firearm is a Class D felony, punishable by up to ten years in prison, three years of supervised release, and $250,000 in fines.

Under the United States Sentencing Guidelines, a person convicted of Felon in Possession of a Firearm would be assigned a base offense level between 12-26, which carries a guideline range of 10-78 months in prison before taking into account any mitigating or aggravating circumstances.

As of 2016, the average federal sentence imposed for Felon in Possession of a Firearm fell between 46-75 months in prison. [3]

Last edited:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
OK I give up ! Sorry it took me so long to get back it took me forever to dig a hole big enough to bury them , the 25 pounds of pot , 12 stolen cars and meth lab as well as my past three wives body's but don't worry I buryed them all as well as my spent reactor core under my whiskey still so no one will ever look there !
Nah, just screwing around. Point well taken Perry, thanks for looking out.