150.00 Bench Digital Volt Meter

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Gonna buy a "new" bench meter. Used, new no matter to me as long as it costs no more than 150.00 . Any out there that you guys use, used in the past or know of that are OK for this price. Please let me know what you think. I have found so far in and around that price a Fluke 45, a Tenma 72-410A (both used) and a Tenma 72-1055 (new).

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I have the fluke 45 & like it. The manual is larger than our phone book.
Buy one................read the manual..................then teach me how to use the fancy stuff.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I have witched from Fluke to Kiethely and now have a few of them. They have Been taken over by tektronics but their older stiff is very accurate and reliable.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I use a fluke 77 daily. Best most reliable piece I have ever stolen... I mean Bought...... By Navy buddy just gave me a Fluke bigger than the 77 and it will read caps too. Takes some getting used to. I've had my 77 for over 20 years and has never failed me.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Went wild and bought another Simpson 467. A friend had one damn near brand new. Then decided to take a peak in my old one. Guess what..A resistor in there with a broken lead. Fixed. Now I have two meters that work perfectly . Like it that way to set bias.

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
How do you set bias on a wopl, I need measuring points, measure values to look for and what mode the multimeter has to be on. (For future reference)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
There are test points marked "Bias" on the top of the backplanes. Positive lead to "bias" test point, negative test lead to "output" test point, DC Millivolt is the mode and range. Bias should be 385 mv after warmup, adjust at the blue , square pot on top on the driver board...

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
There are test points marked "Bias" on the top of the backplanes. Positive lead to "bias" test point, negative test lead to "output" test point, DC Millivolt is the mode and range. Bias should be 385 mv after warmup, adjust at the blue , square pot on top on the driver board...
Thanks Lee, every bit of knowledge helps, just in case I have to replace parts in the future, unlikely though, its built tough ;)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
There are top bias test points on each backplane, one for + voltage and one for - voltage. Lookingh at the front of the amp, the left bias points are +, the right are -.....
Check and set on the + bias points...