Who has Decks and What Kind

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
It's nice and heavily build, no plastic crap, and it has an automatic tape selector; type I, II and IV, but it hasn't an adjustable bias so I prefer to record on one of the other decks.
Miles, doesn't matter it doesn't have adjustable bias and i'm sure it works fine with major tapes brands, my Technics B305 and Onkyo 600D does not have it and records great any TDK or Sony i throw in, it worths trying anyway.

Cheers,

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nice, Miles! It looks like there may have been matching components to that deck. It's the first Denon I've seen of that type.

Nando.

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
Miles, doesn't matter it doesn't have adjustable bias and i'm sure it works fine with major tapes brands, my Technics B305 and Onkyo 600D does not have it and records great any TDK or Sony i throw in, it worths trying anyway.

Cheers,
Well Sep; you know how my tapes sound, I always try to squeeze the max out of it (no matter on what kind deck it will be played), so adjusting the bias by hand and ear makes the difference.
For the rest I keep saying: less is more:

Excepting the different pairs of cans that I use......

:)

Miracle Mile

Nice, Miles! It looks like there may have been matching components to that deck. It's the first Denon I've seen of that type.

Nando.
You're right Nando, this one is very rare and hard to find in mint condition like mine.
There were more very nice components with the same design:

Elite-ist

Staff member
That's quite the Denon micro-sytem, Miles. I missed out on getting a Nakamichi micro-system. I believe Aiwa made a good one, too.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Well Sep; you know how my tapes sound, I always try to squeeze the max out of it (no matter on what kind deck it will be played), so adjusting the bias by hand and ear makes the difference.
For the rest I keep saying: less is more:

Excepting the different pairs of cans that I use......

:)
That's one of my favorite studio room shots, Miles. Very tranquil setting.

Nando.

fitz43

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
This is so true and your tapes are playing great with every deck i have around, remarcable music and sound quality coming from you! :p

Cheers,

Elite-ist

Staff member
Nakamichi BX-150

I have had my Nakamichi BX-150 for about a month, now. I bought it at Innovative Audio. I had an in-store credit that was burning a hole in my pocket, so I used some of the credit towards this deck. What prompted me to get it, was I had signed up for the TH Nakamichi Travelling Tapes project some time ago, thinking my RX-505 would be out of the shop in time. But, the RX-505 is still awaiting repairs, and I, always, like participating in Travelling Tapes. I didn't want to lose an opportunity to contribute. Even if I didn't have a Nak deck to record with, I wanted to hear the tapes, regardless, as I was sure there would be some stellar recordings on them. And there are many!

This was the first time I have used my BX-150 to record and I hope to make a few more recordings with it. For an entry-level deck, it's good.

Here are a few video clips of songs played back on my BX-150 from the Maxell MX90 metal cassette, Tape 1 of 2 of the Nakamichi Travelling Tapes:

Click on images to play:

Nando.

Miracle Mile

Love the pictures and the vids. Nando!

Maybe I should do a Pink Floyd / Gilmour / Waters megamix for you on tape and to test what the Nak can handle!!

Idea?

Elite-ist

Staff member
Love the pictures and the vids. Nando!

Maybe I should do a Pink Floyd / Gilmour / Waters megamix for you on tape and to test what the Nak can handle!!

Idea?
Thanks for your comments, Miles. This little Nak would love anything you might want to send my way. Progressive Rock is one of my favourite types of music to listen to. I just received three great tapes from Derek, two of them featuring some heavy-hitters for progressive rock: Gentle Giant and Emerson, Lake & Powell.

Nando.

Tagline
---
Used to have too many...

Hello Nando:

As you may remember, I used to have way too many. At one time I had over 80 pieces of classic audio at home until my wife said: "Enough!" My goal was to have all Naks models and I nearly fulfilled that,plus Revox, Tandberg, Technics, ADS, Pioneer, Aiwa, etc. I kept just a few, but its is growing again so I will have to get rid of some. I still have a B 215, Nak ZX-7, ZX-9 and 600. Pioneer 1250, Aiwa AD-F800 and ADS C-4 like new that I'm selling for $275.00. 1250 -3.jpg ADS-6.jpg ZX 7.jpg Dubbing 2.jpg Left View.jpg

Elite-ist

Staff member
Hello Nando:

As you may remember, I used to have way too many. At one time I had over 80 pieces of classic audio at home until my wife said: "Enough!" My goal was to have all Naks models and I nearly fulfilled that,plus Revox, Tandberg, Technics, ADS, Pioneer, Aiwa, etc. I kept just a few, but its is growing again so I will have to get rid of some. I still have a B 215, Nak ZX-7, ZX-9 and 600. Pioneer 1250, Aiwa AD-F800 and ADS C-4 like new that I'm selling for $275.00. View attachment 9119 View attachment 9120 View attachment 9121 View attachment 9122 View attachment 9123
I admire your collection. You have all the good stuff and you aren't pigeon-holed to only own brand. It has been awhile since I saw your system. Very nice! Love that ZX7.

Nando.

Tagline
---
I admire your collection. You have all the good stuff and you aren't pigeon-holed to only own brand. It has been awhile since I saw your system. Very nice! Love that ZX7.

Nando.
Hey! You were supposed to find me a nice Pioneer 1000...ha! My 1250 needs a motor overhaul and fortunately the guy from Utah told me to just send the motor and he'll do it. I'll try that.

Regards!

Elite-ist

Staff member
Hey! You were supposed to find me a nice Pioneer 1000...ha! My 1250 needs a motor overhaul and fortunately the guy from Utah told me to just send the motor and he'll do it. I'll try that.

Regards!
Well, about two years ago you missed out on two CT-F1000s for sale at Innovative Audio. They both sold immediately after the results were posted of the Cassette Deck Shootout we did there. At $275 each, you couldn't have gone wrong. My CT-F1250 is still chugging away. Hope you get yours back in order.

Click on image to play video:

Nando.

Miracle Mile

Thanks for your comments, Miles. This little Nak would love anything you might want to send my way. Progressive Rock is one of my favourite types of music to listen to. I just received three great tapes from Derek, two of them featuring some heavy-hitters for progressive rock: Gentle Giant and Emerson, Lake & Powell.

Nando.
Will fix ya a nice mixtape with progrock things you don't have!

Elite-ist

Staff member
Will fix ya a nice mixtape with progrock things you don't have!
Thank you, Miles. I will be working on a progressive rock tape for Tony (BlazeES). I will make a few extra copies and send you one, too. I did a progressive rock mix tape swap with a TH member a short time ago:

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Tomorrow I should finally have a working Teac 2340 4-channel reel to reel deck at my door!

Since the Roberts 1630 won't go into PLAY but does FF and REW fine the 2340 and 3300 10 will be in the recording center and my Akai GX-636 will go in the bedroom so that at the least all the Barry White will sound excellent, if only to me. :sad2: