JBL 4410 rebuild

I see you mentioned applying the aquaplas to the cones,isn't on the BACK of the cone on this model? I didn't know you could buy the aquaplas material and diy it.
The original cones had black Aquaplas applied to the face of the cone which increased the mass and stiffness of the cone.

I can't say with absolute certainty that this is Aquaplas, but I got it from ebay and the first coat has improved the stiffness of the new cones which is what is required. 20230812_065118.jpg 20230812_065136.jpg 20230812_065058.jpg

Tung Oil is great BUT, it requires reapplication and reapplication reapplication. I used it on my Cornscala's and I'll never do it again.
I started using tung oil refinishing M1 stocks as a hobby as that was the original finish before Japan cut off supply during the war. Once cured, it is very hard, waterproof, and easily repaired if damaged.
The 2 biggest destroyers of speaker enclosures are children and liquids. Both are mitigated with a well applied tung oil finish IMO...and it really makes the grain pop out.