what are you listening to?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Tony: I, probably, have a video here somewhere playing your "Sonic Mayhem" mix tape. Too bad you lost the Sony TA-N77ES in its very last play.

Nando.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
It went out in a "Blaze" of glory. It was a fun amp and those big meters were fun to bring back to life. But admittedly, it was a tired old boy and was going to need new caps at the very least. I came very close to replacing it with another museum quality specimen but having something new & way more refined in its stead put the kabash on that idea. I was even close to getting a TA-N80ES as an option too. There was spell of time where those were coming out of the wood work in large quality and in pristine condition (cosmetically).

I'm finally past the point of collecting for the goal of 'completeness' in matching components. Never thought I would ever say that... :oops:

The TA-N55ES pair are always around for when I do get nostalgic.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Realistically, when is the last time you pushed an amplifier to over 50 watts per channel?

View attachment 73008

Nando.
Going through my remix 12” 45s, Blackbox, Technotronic, Chemical Brothers, etc. Lit up most of the red dots on the WOPL 400 S2. WOPL amps just don’t get tired of pumping. I haven’t pressed the 700 too much cuz I don’t wanna burn my speakers up!

BlazeES

Tagline
---
The tape-side that ate my amp was the industrial sounding one, that almost never stops pounding down the door.

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Here it is.

Yeah, that track above is from the 'Interlude' side ... which is the more melodic mellow mix. 'No Remedy' from Jelly Jam.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 202246 - Copy.jpg

I think it was the track "Numbered" at well over 50% volume dial - that smoked the TA-N77ES. That particular tape gets repeat plays on my system, when I'm working in the home office. I'm pretty sure I was on the 2nd play back of Side B, had turned it up a lot louder and I was sitting in the sweet spot ... facing the rack.

I saw smoke come out of more than one place AND saw the slo-blo fuse pop, all in a split second :mad:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Here it is.

Yeah, that track above is from the 'Interlude' side ... which is the more melodic mellow mix. 'No Remedy' from Jelly Jam.

View attachment 73068

I think it was the track "Numbered" at well over 50% volume dial - that smoked the TA-N77ES. That particular tape gets repeat plays on my system, when I'm working in the home office. I'm pretty sure I was on the 2nd play back of Side B, had turned it up a lot louder and I was sitting in the sweet spot ... facing the rack.

I saw smoke come out of more than one place AND saw the slo-blo fuse pop, all in a split second :mad:
Ohhhhh......I missed the part where you smoked this puppy!@! If you smoked the amp instead of speakers.....you need more amp....

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Mix Tape From The Netherlands

I love doing mix tape exchanges with friends and members throughout the world. I find it rewarding listening to someone else's mix tape theme or project. Also, it can introduce you to music you hadn't heard of before.

I received this one from Chris back in December and he did an ace job in the recording and compilation of songs. This was the first time we had done a mix tape swap. What originally kicked it off was he and I had just bought a bunch of premium NOS Type IV cassettes. I thought what better way to use these tapes, but to record a mix on them. For me, tapes are tapes, and I have no problem using a primo NOS tape for such an exchange.

His theme was based on popular music he listened to when he was a young adult - funk & soul and early disco. His mix tape is playing in the last two photos and the first two photos are my mix tape recorded to a Sony Metal-ES 90. I recorded a second copy for Geri to play in the Volvo.

20221113_151856.jpg
20221112_092401.jpg
20221229_134322.jpg
20230110_175759.jpg

Nando.