Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

See you're feeling the pinch, two years ago it was only $.50 lol.

Unfortunately I think my Township would frown if I dug well in my backyard here, but it is tempting to try it.
Lee summed it up to me. Diesel has to be triple processed to remove the sulphur to meet new EPA guild lines. Get used to diesel being now 20% more the gasoline and not the old 20% cheaper. Sucks but that’s the way it is
Hi. That's true in the US and Canada, and probably most EU countries. But you should see the dirty diesel they're selling over in Kenya Africa, and I was on a highway that connects a fairly large town (Thika) and Nairobi which has around 2 million people I believe. The highway is called the Thika highway that goes between them and of course there are a lot of exits off of there for different towns. The fumes, the diesel fumes if you're not used to them will absolutely choke you. Dirty diesel coupled with vehicles that don't run optimally.

Last edited:

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Got a laugh out of the guy running the CITGO store down the road. We're at $2.89/gal give or take right now and as I drove home night Thursday night he had $3.07 on the marquee and no cars at the pumps. Friday morning on the way to work it was back down to $2.87.

Every now and then the free market works. At least at the micro level.

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Got a laugh out of the guy running the CITGO store down the road. We're at $2.89/gal give or take right now and as I drove home night Thursday night he had $3.07 on the marquee and no cars at the pumps. Friday morning on the way to work it was back down to $2.87.

Every now and then the free market works. At least at the micro level.
down a bit here too...only cost 140 bucks to fill up the diesel ram 2500...
like thats now a bargain...lol

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
On the list of scamming industries, gas and diesel sales to consumer is one of the worst, or best if you on the right side of it. Any excuse, anytime to ensure huge profits. It sure makes many folks quite wealthy. Hell the new Bonesaw golf tourney is enriching all of the newly joined golfers with billions of oil bucks. Everyone is joining in droves to get more bucks for less golfing.