Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

It's all how you grow up and what you're used to. US has always had cheaper gas prices compared to the rest of the world, but we are sitting on a plethora of oil and natural gas reserves. Now that they're not tapping them like they were and they are being regulated more than they were before, we're not used to these high prices.

Talk about all over the place in price, some places at little more than $2.50/gallon and California at mega bucks per gallon. It doesn't make sense, because we are sitting on a lot of oil, and not to get political, but we might as well tap what we have, because getting it from other places in the world… they may not be as friendly to the environment as the US is. But that's what we're doing, and that's why it's all over the place in my opinion.

here diesel is cheaper than gas...
super is the most expensive fuel here...
not so in the states....diesel seems to lead the pack...
or at least it used to...
Supply and demand I guess.

I was in Kenya in 2017, and they use an enormous amount of diesel there, and I don't remember it being that high priced at the petrol stations.

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Lee summed it up to me. Diesel has to be triple processed to remove the sulphur to meet new EPA guild lines. Get used to diesel being now 20% more the gasoline and not the old 20% cheaper. Sucks but that’s the way it is