Funny pictures...

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
anyways.....

with your "toe" mention it comes to my mind another CRAZY anectode... quite far out, actually...
unfortunately there is no way to upload a video here and, of course, i never loaded it on youtube (etc)...
but one summer day of about 15 years ago (at least 15 years ago as my hairs weren't all white yet), on the beach with my friends i was playing a few songs on my nylon guitar...
at some point, on a moment of total crazyness, i started playing U2's "sunday bloody sunday" with my right hand picking the strings and my left foot's toe pushing the notes of the fingerboard... it was first time i tried such a thing but it quite worked...
just after a few seconds i started, my friends turned their look at me and started laughing and immediately started filming me with their phone, that's why i have the video of that crazy thing! :D:eek:

i have it loaded as the only video in my own facebook profile, though... but maybe by setting the privacy of this video as "public" and adding the link here it does really work! LOL ( :oops: )
As you can see, it was a first try and i was telling my friends that "i needed to do some practice" but i never really did that anymore at all but, hey, i was also trying to sing the song while playing! LOL :D

This tells a lot about how difficult it was to play Edge's guitar parts... LOL! :p

Better than I can do with fingers…

MarkWComer

Tagline
i hope it wasn't the 21st finger. :eek:
Medically speaking, the first digit of the hand or the foot is the “hallux.” The distinction we make in the USA between “finger” and “toe” is that the hallux of the foot is not opposable as the hallux of the hand. For this, humans should be envious of primates. It’s a strange departure from us that other cultures call all twenty digits “fingers,” we just don’t understand that.

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Medically speaking, the first digit of the hand or the foot is the “hallux.” The distinction we make in the USA between “finger” and “toe” is that the hallux of the foot is not opposable as the hallux of the hand. For this, humans should be envious of primates. It’s a strange departure from us that other cultures call all twenty digits “fingers,” we just don’t understand that.
ah, nice to know.

here, we call them all fingers but actually each of them has a specific name.

the first digit of the hand (opposable) here is called pollice while the first of the foot is alluce, similar as there.

the other 4 hand fingers are indice, medio, anulare, mignolo... while the other foot fingers are simply numbered from 2nd to 5th...

MarkWComer

Tagline
ah, nice to know.

here, we call them all fingers but actually each of them has a specific name.

the first digit of the hand (opposable) here is called pollice while the first of the foot is alluce, similar as there.

the other 4 hand fingers are indice, medio, anulare, mignolo... while the other foot fingers are simply numbered from 2nd to 5th...
Thanks! You increase my knowledge, I will try to memorize.

The only fingers of the hand we have named are the thumb (first), index (second), and colloquially, “pinky” for the fifth.

Medically it becomes more complicated- metacarpo-phalangial joints (1, 2, 3, 4, and 5) for the joints between the bones of the body of the hand (the carpal bones) and the first bones of the (fingers). For the (thumb) there is one single interphalangeal joint, or first IP. For the other four fingers there is a proximal IP and a distal IP, denoted 2PIP, 2DIP, and down the list for the other (fingers).

For the foot there are tarsal bones instead of carpal bones, so the names change for the first joints. The names and numbers for the interphalangeal joints remain the same (2PIP etc.) but have to be specified as “toe” in clinical notation.

I was a practicing certified orthotist for a while…