Pics of your Favorite Cassette Tapes

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A very nice example of a re-purposed wood case to hold your tapes. And you have it stocked with good beer-drinking tunes, too.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Tony: That project was years ago and I drink less beer these days. Sipping cognac might be more my style, nowadays. A mature, cognac-sipping mix tape might be a possibility. As Miles would say, "Stay tuned."

6fc758dc-257d-4ac0-b90c-bb451f902a7a_zps0m3ri3xa.jpg

Nando.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Tony: That project was years ago and I drink less beer these days. Sipping cognac might be more my style, nowadays. A mature, cognac-sipping mix tape might be a possibility. As Miles would say, "Stay tuned."

View attachment 41349

Nando.
Well in honor of that, here's an old mix a couple of us sitting around drinking about ten years ago came up with:

Drinking Songs Mix.jpg

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I had to leave Bourbon, I'd be dead now. Funny though, I live just north of Bourbon making country....
Fortunately, I've developed too much of a taste for the better stuff. Which, of course, limits my ability to purchase enough on an ongoing basis to really hurt myself. But I hear you. I try to limit those nights where there's three or more.

Edit: You're closer than us, but we're not so far away that we don't take the occasional distillery tour. So far we've toured Labrot & Graham (Woodford Reserve), Buffalo Trace, and Jim Beam's small batch distillery on one of the days they were bottling Knob Creek. We had planned to stay a couple of days at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in Bardstown last summer on our way back from the big Michigan trip so we could tour a couple more but when we gave up camping in the rain we ditched that plan until our next trip that direction.

Last edited:
Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
Not to mention Wild Turkey distillery, Lawrenceburg, Ky. and Maker's Mark distillery, Loretto Ky. not far from Bardstown Ky. We live all around small Orchrad, Winery & Vineyards such as Huber Winery near Borden, IN. It is interesting visiting these places.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I think I have a few of those.

I’m also building a set of SA tapes from each year available in the USA. Just the other day I pulled out an MA tape and realized why I still prefer SA tapes to MA. They are about as noisy as an AM radio between stations.

mlucitt

Anyone here interested in making a copy of two cassettes onto CD? They are junk tapes, and may be a sound clean-up (noise reduction) project.
The music on them is irreplaceable to me and I used to listen to these tapes in my truck until it rusted out and the brakes failed. The replacement truck does not even have a cassette player!
I can't afford a cassette tape player, but I do have an old CD player at home. I'm sure the music would bring back memories of long road trips...

If you are interested, and I don't blame you if you are not, just PM me and give me an address to send the tapes to, I lost the case for one of the tapes, it's probably in the old truck in the junkyard.
Thanks.

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Anyone here interested in making a copy of two cassettes onto CD? They are junk tapes, and may be a sound clean-up (noise reduction) project.
The music on them is irreplaceable to me and I used to listen to these tapes in my truck until it rusted out and the brakes failed. The replacement truck does not even have a cassette player!
I can't afford a cassette tape player, but I do have an old CD player at home. I'm sure the music would bring back memories of long road trips...

If you are interested, and I don't blame you if you are not, just PM me and give me an address to send the tapes to, I lost the case for one of the tapes, it's probably in the old truck in the junkyard.
Thanks.
Hi mlucitt... I am writing you here and not privately for an obvious reason which will be soon clear...

Being myself a very long time collector of unofficial live Pink Floyd recordings (the so-called bootleg recordings) , I am very used in transferring old cassettes to digital (and also applying some sound restoration if needed) as, of course, these are typically irreplaceable recordings!

But, I am in Italy and so the shipment (especially during the covid problem) is going to be a bit expensive and surely it will take a whole lot of time...
In fact, just recently, a friend/collector from there in USA sent me an old Pink Floyd live recording on cassette to transfer to digital and, of course, he needed to send it as registered and tracked shipment to stay on the safe side... and even so, it did take like at least one month and half to arrive here... and, at some point, not seeing any new tracking events on the shipment for a few weeks, I was VERY worried that it got lost during the shipment...
Finally, that cassette arrived here safely (and I've just transferred it to digital) but I believe that, until the covid will be over and the general situation will be back to normal, overseas shipments might be a bit risky or, at least, incredibly slow... and, hey, if the cassettes do contain something irreplaceable, I would take the risk of such a shipment only if you don't have any other solutions closer to you...

So, please, let me know if you cannot find anyone there in America who can do the digital capture of your tapes...
Not a big deal for me to make such kind of transfers but, nowadays, it's just the overseas shipment which is a bit stressful because of the related "suspance" due to the incredibly slow shipment times which will still leave us in doubt of a lost parcel until it's finally delivered.

Cheers,

Vince.