New Music and Music Genres

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I got a nice haul at the Salvation Army store yesterday.

1613340366982.png
First off, Czech bluegrass - the instrumentals are very good, but I don't really care for the singer. The band goes back to 1991.

1613340496882.png
The Chieftains already had a flute player, so James Galway was just a big name. Nice album, not great.

1613340621944.png
Japanese electronica...enough said.

1613340708883.png
Haven't listened to this yet, and hoping I did not make a mistake. All were in excellent condition, and the Steely Dan CD was still in the original wrap.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I have heard these odd soundtracks on Ewetoob vids for a long time now, and I'm sure you have too. I found two of them on a Ewetoob compilation of "tunes you know but can't name."

Here's one:

Another:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Speaking of Steely Dan...

Could kick myself for NOT seeing this show, when this venue was practically walking distance from our place.

Good show that included some Fagen solo content; some masterful Becker riffs in this one!

It has an index in the 'show more' description. If you only have time for one quick look, jump to 'Chain Lightning'.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Speaking of Steely Dan...

Could kick myself for NOT seeing this show, when this venue was practically walking distance from our place.

Good show that included some Fagen solo content; some masterful Becker riffs in this one!

It has an index in the 'show more' description. If you only have time for one quick look, jump to 'Chain Lightning'.

Good stuff, would have loved to see this one live!!

mlucitt

During my misspent youth, a friend and I would run guns over the border into Mexico, and other dangerous and foolish tasks. We agreed on a code phrase or a alibi statement that went something like, "Yes we were at the Steely Dan concert on that night." Of course, in those days (1975-1992) Steely Dan was only a studio band, so it had a subtle mischievous connotation to a lack of truth. But on August 13, 1993 our alibi went out the window when Steely Dan started touring again at the The Palace in Auburn Hills, Michigan.