Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Shit's gettin real in the oilfield now. Did not sell any oil the second half of April and will not sell any in May or June. I'll be layed off the middle of June as soon as the Fed money runs out.
The May deducts are MINUS 14.85 for sour and 12.83 for sweet. We don't dare sell, if we did and it went below our deducts we would get a bill instead of a check...
I thought '81 and '86 were bad, they don't hold a candle to this mother fucker..

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Shit's gettin real in the oilfield now. Did not sell any oil the second half of April and will not sell any in May or June. I'll be layed off the middle of June as soon as the Fed money runs out.
The May deducts are MINUS 14.85 for sour and 12.83 for sweet. We don't dare sell, if we did and it went below our deducts we would get a bill instead of a check...
I thought '81 and '86 were bad, they don't hold a candle to this mother fucker..
The world is in a freakin weird place these days that is very hard to understand. Just hope things will change towards the good side very soon. For all of us.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Me too Bud. First time I will have been without a job since 1975.

Halliburton's yard in Duncan OK.....it's usually empty..

Dustin Johnson
10 hrs
What a sad picture, for every unit parked a dad, father, son or family is out of a job & no income available to provide. Many prayers for all my oilfield friends & family. This picture was taken while flying over Halliburton in Duncan, Oklahoma. Photo Credit Shane Williams

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
That sucks big time. All because of this faux panic. Protests are going to get ugly real quick unless governors start easing up on their power trips.

Now that this is nearly over, our governor slaps a mask required in public starting May 6th. Talk about being late to the party.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Came across this article about people buying up crude and stashing it away for beter days.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...tore-lots-of-cheap-oil/ar-BB13UMJN?li=BBnb7Kz
I'm surprised Goldman Sachs isn't mentioned in the middle of that buying fever. That's one of their usual asshat plays - own the tank farms and keep a lid on output. Pretty good deal for a bunch of "investment bankers".

In other news, gasoline prices starting to increase around these parts as more people are driving. I saw some stuff around the corner from the house at $1.65, up from $1.20 last week.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well, went around today starting wells back up. Got our deduct notices for June and they are 1.95 for sweet and 3.50-5.50 for sour. We have not seen deducts this low for YEARS.
So I called the crude buyer, seems there has been soooooo much production shut in that the local refineries are getting nervous and leaning on their suppliers( our buyers). In fact if they don't start supplying more crude they're fixin to get sued....
It's a strange, strange world we live in Master Jack...
Refineries in Wyoming do not get their crude from Cushing, Ok. I will be selling crude in June. Have two loads ready to go an working on a third. I will wait till the middle of the month as we get paid on the monthly average of Nymex WTI. As of right now WTI is 34.02

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Cheapest Gas from here to Mn and back was $1.69 a gallon. I was on the Interstate the whole time so I could do 90

I didn't think prices were all that great. Now with the Diesel and a 40 gallon fuel tank, it's gonna hurt. Oh well.

Tagline
Retired
It's been a while since this thread was updated and there isn't anything interesting from the audio world in my home. Its probably been a month since I've taken the cover off the R2R.

For the past two months gas prices have been bouncing up and down like a rubber ball around here. About a month ago a couple of stations were down to 1.78. Currently, prices are staying around 1.97 to 2.04. Then this morning the market reports oil is down between 4 & 5%. CNBC reported this morning this is probably due to the unfavorable comments that came out of the WH over the weekend about not trying to control the pandemic and more concern about finding the cure. Plus the market is taking a hit as well as the European markets.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
It's been a while since this thread was updated and there isn't anything interesting from the audio world in my home. Its probably been a month since I've taken the cover off the R2R.

For the past two months gas prices have been bouncing up and down like a rubber ball around here. About a month ago a couple of stations were down to 1.78. Currently, prices are staying around 1.97 to 2.04. Then this morning the market reports oil is down between 4 & 5%. CNBC reported this morning this is probably due to the unfavorable comments that came out of the WH over the weekend about not trying to control the pandemic and more concern about finding the cure. Plus the market is taking a hit as well as the European markets.
Just opportunistic market pumping going on. Need to ramp up volatility in order to keep the pump going in favor of the wall street traders.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yup, been that way for a long time which is why the Keystone has been on the big slowdown for a long time. I have been to minor league ball games in the Stadium in Minneapolis. When you climb to the top of the stands and look out the back, you see the rail yards and trains exactly like this being pulled on the tracks. Follow the money...

mlucitt

No one, and especially no one like Buffet, should be allowed to stop progress and the ability of people in this country to put food on the table for an honest day's work. He owns BNSF and that is his problem, smart people found a better way, did the footwork and got the Keystone Pipeline on the drawing board. That was not an easy task. Just like the Trans-Alaska pipeline that was started in 1977, no one should stand in the way of this one either.
Buffet made a gamble and he needs to lose to the Keystone Pipeline and the American people; Berkshire Hathaway investors be damned.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Gas prices have been rising the past month, about ten cents a week, this morning it is now $ 3.40 and no doubt will continue up for several reasons.