Pioneer PL-570 Turntable Upgrade

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Great job, Perry. Do you plan to keep it? I sold mine a few years back, when I replaced it with a Pioneer PL-630.

Nando.

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
As I said above, built it for a customer. I have no use for an automatic..... TOO MUCH CRAP INSIDE :)
I can dig that.

It's been some weeks now that I've spent time with a TD124 and sound superior - yes but it has not made me pack away the Dual 1009, Zero 100, Elac 10 or 50H. Just too damned convenient and I like watching things move. And they might be more compatible with the older, heavier cartridges I've taken a fancy to.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I can dig that.

It's been some weeks now that I've spent time with a TD124 and sound superior - yes but it has not made me pack away the Dual 1009, Zero 100, Elac 10 or 50H. Just too damned convenient and I like watching things move. And they might be more compatible with the older, heavier cartridges I've taken a fancy to.
Just because they are automatic, doesn't mean they take older heavier cartridges any better. Maybe on the old clunkers they may look better and at home.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Great work Perry!

How was Geoff? Last time I saw Queensryche, they sucked. Nothing like when I saw them when their debut EP and 1st album The Warning Tours in the 80s

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Great work Perry!

How was Geoff? Last time I saw Queensryche, they sucked. Nothing like when I saw them when their debut EP and 1st album The Warning Tours in the 80s
His voice isn't even close to what it used to be back in the day. When he tried to hit the high notes, I thought he was going to shit himself. Had fun though.