Speaker cable elevators/risers/lifts

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Other than total confusion the only good info obtained from AK was Doug turning me on to here.

....speaking of...anyone hear from Nick Danger lately??

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
I believe the theory is static electricity creates fields. By elevating the cable, the influences are less. Somebody should invent conductive rubber outer layered cable, so you could ground it. I have a funny set of "As-ONE" brand interconnects that have a "faraday shield" with a substantial air gap between shield and the actual conductors.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I believe the theory is static electricity creates fields. By elevating the cable, the influences are less. Somebody should invent conductive rubber outer layered cable, so you could ground it. I have a funny set of "As-ONE" brand interconnects that have a "faraday shield" with a substantial air gap between shield and the actual conductors.
It does create fields yes. But static electricity also dissipates rapidly on most insulators and takes mechanical motion of some form to generate new static electricity on insulators. Without the latter, you don't get the former.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
yep, yer better off with a humidifier than with chopsticks (the plastic ones generate static more than the wood ones), and as Joe said, they are "Generators" and require motion to generate the static. As long as you are not sitting on your speaker rubbing a balloon (or condom) on your head you are worried about nothing.

HUH?

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
One of the best threads ever ! I want sashimi cables now....

"Re: Which foods should be eaten using chopsticks?"

"Yes, sushi is finger food. Sashimi isnt!

I've never seen anyone not using chopsticks for rice although Koreans use a spoon, and for things like curry rice you would usually use a spoon.

The big things as I understand them are really to hold your bowl in your left hand while using the chopsticks in your right, don't play with chopsticks, don't use eating chopsticks to serve food (and if you do, turn them around so you are using the other end), and don't stick the chopsticks out of your food when you are finished which I think is bad news because it is similar to incense for the deceased. "

Never said do not use chopsticks for speaker wire, just not to play with them....lol.

OH, and welcome to Phoenix Ellisonb.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Thats me too. I no sooner get my stereo set up and sounding great and then I have to bring WPOL's I built into the house to "Ear Check" them. I have 4 700B/Ser II WOPL's sitting here in the livingroom. The wife is not happy. Not because they are in the way, it's because I don't have any hooked up (the C-1 Pre is in the shop doing MULE duty).

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Thats me too. I no sooner get my stereo set up and sounding great and then I have to bring WPOL's I built into the house to "Ear Check" them. I have 4 700B/Ser II WOPL's sitting here in the livingroom. The wife is not happy. Not because they are in the way, it's because I don't have any hooked up (the C-1 Pre is in the shop doing MULE duty).
Bummer, bringing tears to my eyes for your suffering.

Logic6

Journeyman
If you spray paint the chop sticks, it will sound better says the believer. And high off the ground should the cable be says the man who is afraid of height? Second sentence, put the how in there after And.

Last edited:

J!m

Tagline
BOT
C’mon guys.

The chop sticks clearly need to be coated with pickup bed liner to dampen resonance after the string dries. And EVERYONE knows that you have to use hemp twine for best sonic resolution.

Where have you guys been?