Speaker cable elevators/risers/lifts

Ellisonb

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
I know there's opinions on both sides, but I figured I'd try them as long as they cost next to nothing. Here's the ones I came up with - what do you think? They're bamboo chopsticks, lashed with cotton kitchen twine soaked first to dry tight. Total expense: $5. Not looking for affirmation, just wondering if I have missed anything that could help or hurt. Cable elevators 2.jpg

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I had a post deleted for a sarcastic comment of such things.

The first time I heard about those was years ago and they were for speaker wire - called elevators or isolators. The prevailing opinion was if one felt the need for them, don’t pay an audiophile accessory price, use inverted Dixie Cups.

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
In all honesty, I don't see how these would do anything other than look, well...different. I'm sure they would work as good as any you would pay big dollars for. Or as good as laying them on the carpet. I could be wrong, but I think cable risers are just snake oil. Ask yourself "can I hear the difference?" I'm not sure if I can even hear my tweeters anymore.
But you know what? If you like them, keep them. They're your toys and you can play with them however you want and no one can tell you any different. But like Lee said, don't step on them!

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?