Al K's Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme Slope Crossovers!!!

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Bobs crossovers are highly regarded and the prices for Al's stuff is a bit out of my range. Maybe I'll just enjoy what I have. They sound pretty good.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Bobs crossovers are highly regarded and the prices for Al's stuff is a bit out of my range. Maybe I'll just enjoy what I have. They sound pretty good.

Agreed on the extreme slope price, but his universals were pretty damn reasonable..

My biggest yahoo is how well it handles the high power and no bleedover between drivers....like I said I'm way impressed!~!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
They are in this case, those were swamping resistors for the mids and tweets. They had to to bleed off a lot of excess current. Plus the slope of the universals was allowing a lot of frequency energy in the wrong drivers..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
They are in this case, those were swamping resistors for the mids and tweets. They had to to bleed off a lot of excess current. Plus the slope of the universals was allowing a lot of frequency energy in the wrong drivers..
The wrong frequencies being allowed in the wrong drivers due to the shallow slope...