Audio Precision ATS Discussions

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Correction...input loading has an effect, or rather the compensation selected for either Hiz or Loz has an effect..

mondialfan

Journeyman
Tagline
---
So a square wave generated by the AP is confusing....as to it's value...coolness. I need more uncertainty running this thing!!
I know the feeling. After 6mos of using it I'm really just beginning to scratch the surface on understanding the Sys1. Mines a standard 22A so no dual domain and I have most options but no burst module so no internal squarewave capability in mine.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I've had mine for 4 years and getting to where I can run a battery of tests without the book finally...

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Probably wouldn't hurt to independently measure what the gen is actually putting out... and in that way you sort out what's what - an output problem or a detection problem... or worse yet, both. :laughing8:

mondialfan

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I've never fed a square wave into mine so you had me wondering. I set up a 2 Vpp 1kHz square wave on my scope from the func gen and then fed it via unbalanced BNC to the AP. It measured as expected,,, 2V.

Squarewave.jpg Squarewave.jpg

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Yeah, I'm not surprised by that. By the time the 'Sys' platforms came into being, with the APWin and all, I'd imagine AP got their s h ! t together.

But what I was driving at is what the ATS based gens actually put out vs. the panel control settings...

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
At least you got one with a USB port on the front ... and not one with a floppy disc drive.