Looking to upgrade to horns

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
I upgraded my speakers with bullet tweeters 10 or 12 years ago and would like to try horns with drivers. Not sure what I am looking for something that will handle the power from the WOPL 400... new or used but don't want to go over about $200.... also thinking about cross overs. Any suggestions??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
To do horns right takes a lot of money......200.00 will just drive you from the room screaming...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I upgraded my speakers with bullet tweeters 10 or 12 years ago and would like to try horns with drivers. Not sure what I am looking for something that will handle the power from the WOPL 400... new or used but don't want to go over about $200.... also thinking about cross overs. Any suggestions??

The crossovers for my K's were 1600.00......

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
They say if there is a will there is a way..... got to be something out there to get the job done...

If I were a rich man I would probably be looking at something like this
s-l1600.jpg
or this
s-l1600(2).jpg

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Get a set of speakerlab k-horns. Then you upgrade them over time. About $3000 should get it done right Lee?

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I'm very happy with my Vandersteen's...with no horns involved. I have some horns I would consider shipping to a Phoenix member for shipping.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Get a set of speakerlab k-horns. Then you upgrade them over time. About $3000 should get it done right Lee?
That is what I have in mind... start somewhere and maybe later upgrade as long as the horns have something standard to upgrade drivers down the road....

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline