700 DCP, no delay at power up,

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Lee (or anybody in the know) I don't have a schematic for the 700 DCP. what components control the delay at power up? I have a DCP sitting here and as soon as you hit the power button, the relays click immediately so you hear noise (thump) at power up. I have another one sitting here and it has the normal 1-2 second delay during power up so you don't HEAR the amp circuitry coming up to speed. Looking at the components, I don't see anything different (although I did have to change a bad 2n6517, Q2 which was dead). It didn't help. It still clicks immediately.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Lee (or anybody in the know) I don't have a schematic for the 700 DCP. what components control the delay at power up? I have a DCP sitting here and as soon as you hit the power button, the relays click immediately so you hear noise (thump) at power up. I have another one sitting here and it has the normal 1-2 second delay during power up so you don't HEAR the amp circuitry coming up to speed. Looking at the components, I don't see anything different (although I did have to change a bad 2n6517, Q2 which was dead). It didn't help. It still clicks immediately.
C2 Upon power up it should be shutting off Q2 until it charges up, which conversely drives Q3 which is the relay drive tranny itself.

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Last edited: