Big bottom

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
It's a fairly low frequency - trial and error is required. :shaking:
Yes, I would start at a lower frequency, working up to resonance and maybe a bit beyond provided that excursion stays within reasonable limits that is...

Don't let the big block DART head sitting there pass you by either. I seriously gotta put all my shit back together...

Last edited:

NavLinear

Yes, I would start at a lower frequency, working up to resonance and maybe a bit beyond provided that excursion stays within reasonable limits that is...

Don't let the big block DART head sitting there pass you by either. I seriously gotta put all my shit back together...
Agreed about starting at a lower frequency - don't want to rock the boat. :toothy5:

I must ask - what's dart head? :confused1::laughing7:

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Agreed about starting at a lower frequency - don't want to rock the boat. :toothy5:

I must ask - what's dart head? :confused1::laughing7:
Ahhh that's peaking out just next to the tool chest... It's an aftermarket cylinder head for a big block Chevy that makes it into a big big block Chevy. That's the simple explanation, horny engine parts.

NavLinear

Ahhh that's peaking out just next to the tool chest... It's an aftermarket cylinder head for a big block Chevy that makes it into a big big block Chevy. That's the simple explanation, horny engine parts.
Got it - it's a head for a big bloke's cylinder named Chevy. :shaking2: He should be more careful - mustn't keep it poking out by the chest.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Got it - it's a head for a big bloke's cylinder named Chevy. :shaking2: He should be more careful - mustn't keep it poking out by the chest.
A bloke should keep his cylinder concealed until it's absolutely required. That's just decency!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Well my gear is finally on a truck heading my way! I've been building a cabinet for the shop gear in the meantime. I will be pulling two 20A circuits through the wall today dedicated for the stereo, then pulling 6 runs of speaker wire through the ceiling. This will allow me the option of tri amping. I have some work to do on the subs then they arrive, port changes and install the 18" in one.

I had had to build the cabinet a little wide because the Rotel is oddball width (21 1/4"). It's going to slide out on it's shelf as the connections are all on the sides. One shelf for a CD player then the rest is rack width. Turntable will sit on top eventually.

Attachments

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Here's one for the politically correct, sensitive types:

That Styrofoam cup should be replaced with a beer bottle ... :tongue4:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FfhphrmKdsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
I'm also working on having a replica lid made for my turntable as it was missing when I scored it. I need a belt for it too if anyone knows where to score parts. It's JA Michell, Prizma. Same as this sans cover :angryfire:

Attachments