what are you listening to?

speakerlabfan

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Mannfred Mann's Earth Band - Nightingales & Bombers
(1975, Warner Bros)

It's been a long time since I heard this, it cooks. Robert Christgau review: "Space doodlers at their worst, these guys bristle with intellectual energy at their best." The space doodling works here for me.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I remember being very F*&^%$ up most times i listened to that album SLF. used to own it....lost it....outta listen to it again sometime....

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Yeah, they're finally starting to gel...
It helps a lot to have several key defenders healthy again - middle linebacker Wagner, safety Kam Chancellor. They can win anywhere with this defense as Denver saw last February, and these guys are all young, should be around awhile. Will be interesting tomorrow - I think Arizona's key is their defense. Watch them try to take advantage of a weak & injured Seahawk offensive line with blitzes. will be interesting to see if Seattle picks up the blitz with screen passes and/or Russell Wilson can scramble out harms way. Would like to see Seattle setup a screen pass to Marshawn Lynch - he hurts people when he has some open space.

[video=youtube;BDOBejlx7Us]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOBejlx7Us[/video]

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
didn't realize you were such a fan SLF....can't fault your analysis, but with how Seattle has played the last couple weeks and with Az stumbling like they have lately, I honestly think it'll be a blowout....

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
SLF, I don't think it'll even be close, Az don't stand a chance....
agree and that's why it's a dangerous game - anything can happen on any day. Arizona will certainly be motivated with the Division title at stake and after being held to 3 points when they played in Seattle. Would like to see the Seattle defense get Az to cough up the ball a few times. should be fun.

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
didn't realize you were such a fan SLF....can't fault your analysis, but with how Seattle has played the last couple weeks and with Az stumbling like they have lately, I honestly think it'll be a blowout....
long time armchair fan. I prefer to watch football safely from the sidelines :) and play basketball.

Yeah agree the way Seattle's defense is playing right now, it almost seems they just need 2 or 3 field goals to win against any team - including Green Bay at Lambeau field if necessary!

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I'm lookin forward to seeing it too.....agreed on the any given day.....even my Raiders won one.....
Don't gloat. :angry8: J/K ... good game that was.

But here's my rant for today since football came up and the 49ers lost today to the Chargers.

4 minutes left in the game. Niners have the ball and command of the clock with a full set of downs. Oh, and they are ahead by a TD.

Two back to back running plays, with Gore straight up the middle. Seen it before a millions times. Rotten play calling. Too much talent on the team for dumb ass, no-risk uninspirational offensive play calling.

Greg Roman is a douche. Jim Harbaugh lets him be that way so he's a douche too. Good run Jim. Off to Ann Arbor with you now.

... or the Raiders ...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Strange Tony, two years ago it looked like Harbaugh and San Fran was a match made in heaven, don't take long to be out of flavor does it?

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Strange Tony, two years ago it looked like Harbaugh and San Fran was a match made in heaven, don't take long to be out of flavor does it?
Something was amiss with the organization heading into the season. Frankly not sure what it was. Lots of speculation out there.
Personally I watch the game for the love of the sport and the play. Too much other junk happening in around these teams now-days.
Total BS for the money that's involved. But hey, maybe it's just me.
Off field antics with the law. Prima donna attitudes. More drama, less football.
Kind of sucks. Maybe the money is the primary thing ruining it now. Dunno.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
A great tradition ends...Darlene Love's Christmas Finale on The Late Show with David Letterman...

Darlene always did it just for Dave-it won't continue. Enjoy.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nzj3S2p2W44?rel=0" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I'm listening to a Liz Story CD, and it's like lounge music, nicely recorded, but the more Windham Hill I buy, the more I think of it as well-recorded elevator music or dinner music.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Something was amiss with the organization heading into the season. Frankly not sure what it was. Lots of speculation out there.
Personally I watch the game for the love of the sport and the play. Too much other junk happening in around these teams now-days.
Total BS for the money that's involved. But hey, maybe it's just me.
Off field antics with the law. Prima donna attitudes. More drama, less football.
Kind of sucks. Maybe the money is the primary thing ruining it now. Dunno.
Exactly Tony.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I'm listening to a Liz Story CD, and it's like lounge music, nicely recorded, but the more Windham Hill I buy, the more I think of it as well-recorded elevator music or dinner music.
I like the Shadowfax releases on Windham Hill, also some of the piano albums