what are you listening to?

speakerlabfan

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Chicago Transit Authority - self titled
(1969, Columbia) UK pressing

listening to sides 3/4 including Free Form Guitar - 6+ minutes of Terry Kath with a Fender Stratocaster

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
SLF , do you have the entire Chicago collection?? I tried thinkin how many Chicago songs I've boogied to drivin down the road ......it was a LOT!!!

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
SLF , do you have the entire Chicago collection?? I tried thinkin how many Chicago songs I've boogied to drivin down the road ......it was a LOT!!!
I should have the first 5 LPs up to Chicago V, the one with the wood-grain cover. And that's where I lose interest ...they seem to have lost their way, check out the cover art for "Hot Streets" -- yikes. Great stuff up to that point!

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits
(1968, Reprise)

recycled pics. last spun after the Superbowl. Looking for more smash hits from the rising Seattle defense at Arizona on Sunday night.

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Alfred Brendel "Mozart"

Played on my Phase Linear 8000 and Pioneer 63 DX's.

Sounds like a concert grand in my living room.

001.jpg

"If I belong to a tradition, it is a tradition that makes the masterpiece tell the performer what to do, and not the performer telling the piece what it should be like, or the composer what he ought to have composed." Alfred Brendel

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Chicago Transit Authority - self titled
(1969, Columbia) UK pressing

listening to sides 3/4 including Free Form Guitar - 6+ minutes of Terry Kath with a Fender Stratocaster
I was lucky enough to Know Chicago before they became Chicago,,my Lawyer was their Agent for a while and we would go dow to the Club Laurel on the North side or the Pussycat on Rush Street

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Alfred Brendel "Mozart"

Played on my Phase Linear 8000 and Pioneer 63 DX's.

Sounds like a concert grand in my living room.

View attachment 18071

"If I belong to a tradition, it is a tradition that makes the masterpiece tell the performer what to do, and not the performer telling the piece what it should be like, or the composer what he ought to have composed." Alfred Brendel
Finnaly a True music Lover