what are you listening to?

speakerlabfan

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Wings - Wings Greatest
(1978, Capitol) MASTERED BY CAPITOL Wally, mastered by Wally Traugott

Terrific sounding compilation. saccharine overload on several songs but offset by Juniors Farm and others.

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
The Doors - Strange Days
(1967, Elektra) Mono label, stereo matrices - EKS 74014

an interesting find yesterday, appears to be a mislabeled Stereo pressing since the deadwax has stereo matrices. I guess this happens as I see reference to another in a recent ebay sale. Too bad, a mono pressing would be fun to find.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
"WhiteMoor are releasing a brand new song this Christmas, the track is now available from www.WhiteMoor.co.uk as a FREE download".
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q92hpSTmWTo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
image.jpg The sheepdogs- learn and burn 1 of nandos Xmas gifts. I had nvr heard them until I got it in mail. I have spun it atleast 5 times already. It's awesome I love it. A lot of styles here but it's alot like very early savoy brown stuff. A bit of free,Santana and savoy.. Thanks nando... Great one im so glad you turned me onto this...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
View attachment 18000 The sheepdogs- learn and burn 1 of nandos Xmas gifts. I had nvr heard them until I got it in mail. I have spun it atleast 5 times already. It's awesome I love it. A lot of styles here but it's alot like very early savoy brown stuff. A bit of free,Santana and savoy.. Thanks nando... Great one im so glad you turned me onto this...
You're welcome, Jason. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Geri and I saw the group live in 2012, the first huge outdoor music festival held where we live.

Click on images to play videos:

Nando.

Last edited:

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
That's awesome nando.. I'm deff a fan now! Great sound from these guys I expected more high energy rock from lp cover and lp name. But there way more 60's psychadelic style. Love it...

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
David Grisman - Mondo Mando
(1981, Warner Bros) GF in the deadwax, mastered by Greg Fulginiti at Artisan Sound Recorders

4 Gibson mandolins performing here. I heard Peter Rowan's interview awhile back on NPR where he tells stories about early days playing bluegrass with Bill Monroe and with Grisman in Old And In The Way.

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Jefferson Airplane - Jefferson Airplane Takes Off
(1966, RCA Victor)

recycled pics. easy enough to hear and appreciate Jack Casady's terrific bass playing in this debut record

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I don't see Grace anywhere on that label......I thought she would have done some of the songwriting....or was there a time without Grace??

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
I don't see Grace anywhere on that label......I thought she would have done some of the songwriting....or was there a time without Grace??
This was released before Grace joined the band - she had her own band in SF called The Great Society. The woman on the first LP is Signe Anderson who grew up in Portland, OR. I was just talking with a record shop guy about her - both wondering what happened to her after the first JA LP. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signe_Toly_Anderson. Sad to see that it looks like she has had health problems including living with cancer since the 70's :(

Signe_Anderson_and_Spencer_Dryden_1966.jpg

Last edited: