New profile posts

Haven't had an up date, or dated at all since 2001.
Northwinds
Northwinds
Hand must be worn out then, switch and you can call it The Stranger!
orange
orange
But I'm faithful!
orange
orange
OMG.
I heard you might have some audio recorded of KBSU's early days. We're putting together a documentary for the 40th anniversary, you think we could digitize whatever you have and possibly use it? That would be awesome.

Thanks,

Andrew Fisher
Operations Assistant
andrewfisher@u.boisestate.edu
Ed,

I'm teaching an inveter/UPS class next week at the Tesoro plant in Anacortes. I get in Sunday and am staying in Seattle area Sunday night and then off to the plant Monday. We've never met but have spoken in the past. Would you be up for a drink/dinner one night? My treat.
Hey! I just acquired a Mitsubishi HS-U80 and was doing some research when I saw your post. Do you still have a copy of the manual? I've got a repair shop that is fixing mine because it is eating tapes; the repair guy said Mitsubishi never gave him a manual for the U80 so I figured I'd look online. Also, he tells me that the "tension band brake" needs to be replaced; do you know, by chance, of any equivalent replacement parts or would I need to salvage from another unit?

Thanks for any information or help you can provide.
I'm about 6-7 months backed up right now. Peruse a couple of my rebuild threads in amps, pre-amps to get an idea of what needs done....
Hi there! So I'm brand new to the forum. I stumbled upon it after recently buying a Phase Linear 2000 Series II preamp/300 power amp/1000 autocorrelator from a local guy on Craigslist. I was told that it is 100% original aside from a 220 to 120 conversion that was done by PL at their facility in Lynwood. The gentleman was retired military and had purchased the unit when he was overseas in Germany, then got stationed in Washington afterward. Anyhow, everything seems to be working just fine, but I am very interested in some of the mods and upgrades that you have done for others. What do you charge for that service? Cheers!
- Aaron
All you got to do is PayPal me $30 for the lens and shipping and send me your address. And I'll get you one shipped out the next day.

My PayPal address is Bonzoro1@msn.com

Thanks
Perry
I am interested in one of your stock style 700b lenses... Please let me know how to proceed with the purchase Thank you! Tom
Dennis,
that would be great to meet up at Jays place. I have not been to any of the get togethers, everyone says it is a great time and lots of cool equipment. Personally, tubes are not my thing but I think all stereo stuff is cool. Hope to meet you in Gardner this year! I'll keep an eye out on AK and see if it's still on.
Trevor:
Sadly, you are over a year late. I had a loaner WOPL for a few weeks, summer of last year. I am using a Yamaha A/V amp in two-channel power amp mode, and it has good low-end power. It makes me happy, powering Vandersteen 2C speakers. I am trying to integrate a subwoofer, and that will take time. Twangfest may yet happen this fall - would you like me to keep you updated? It's an AK thing, lots of fun.

Laz/Dennis
Laz,
Saw one of your post's referencing
Tonganoxie, I live in Bonner Springs but saw your info page showed up as independence mo. Cool to know we are not that far away. Would love to see one of these WOPL'S in action.
Take care,
Trevor