Zapco 150L power amp

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I don't recall seeing the 2-piece Zapco, before. Boosting the 12V DC voltage to 30 V is a novel idea of increasing wattage for car audio. I'm assuming it's rated at about 75wpc @ 4 ohms.

Nando.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Never seen one or even heard of this amp before. From looking at the pictures I thought it was an Accel Ignition coil booster lol. :cyclops:

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
All car amps use DC to DC conversion, but they do it in one chassis. The Zapcos were supposed to sound good, but I'd still prefer a vintage HiFonics for good sound. Interesting picture, thanks!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
nakdoc said:
All car amps use DC to DC conversion, but they do it in one chassis. The Zapcos were supposed to sound good, but I'd still prefer a vintage HiFonics for good sound. Interesting picture, thanks!
Great to hear from ya Doc, I thought it was an interesting rig, would look great if you had about 8 of them all along the trunk of a big Lincoln BOOm! bOOm! TinG! Up to almost $200, some folks like them.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
I tried to sell, and later give away, my idea for an under the hood power supply running 60 volt supplies back to the trunk, where you'd plug in as many channels of amplifier as you wanted. Lee Adams of Nakamichi and later Soundstream was out of the design loop. I still think it would revolutionize car amps. This Zapco tells me my idea is not original. $200 is good money. Should I post nudies of my Alpine 3002 amps?