Yes sir PL400 got here today

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Amp got here today safe and sound that's a load off my mind! It even works real well, I know some of you are dying to see my system :laughing7: so here are a few pics I know it's nothing elaborate as many of you have but hey it works for me. I had just bought a carver ct17 off ebay for cheap money I was going to use with this amp but it is junk and the seller does not know it yet but I will be returning it to him for refund he said it was tested and works great... ya right. So for now I am using my old sx939 for the tuner preamp it seems to work well the amp section in it was getting flacky back when I put it on a shelf 8 years or so ago and have been running my sansui 7070. The speakers are sonic fusion model RL ser# 0001 I use the ADC equalizer to trim them out.

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
I was running my first vintage PL400 with my SX-828. Besides being damn good looking it has a very decent pre. Sounded great with the PL. Enjoy for awhile, nice set up.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
I was running my first vintage PL400 with my SX-828. Besides being damn good looking it has a very decent pre. Sounded great with the PL. Enjoy for awhile, nice set up.
As I recall back in the 70's when the SX line came out they had a good rep for their tuner and preamp sections the amp section was much to be desired... I had a couple other sx models the 737 had weird speaker terminals and a 838 thing they all seemed to have in common was the speaker relay/protection circuit they used any time you start to crank them up and put some power to the speakers that speaker protection breaker would pop open and shut output power to the speakers down for a few seconds... hated this about these sx receivers but this is not a problem with it using it just for the preamp it does sound pretty nice when I cranked it up it first blew my shoes off then my socks lol with those speakers and some power no sub woofer needed :happy3:

Last edited: