Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
I have a chance to get one of these should I

I also have the opertunity to get a crown k2

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
As a Proton AA-1150 (the fifty-watt version) owner, I would not hesitate...

BTW, if the D-1200 is a scaled-up version of the AA-1150, it may not be true dual-mono. The two power supplies in the AA-1150 look different, and I found out that one of them is for the DPD, the other for normal operation. I don't know if the D-1200 follows the same rule, but the DPD must get power from somewhere...

Last edited:

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I do not know if 475 is a deal or not but this one (DOSE HAVE THE BRIDGE SWITCH) on the back if I herd right not all of these got that only the early ones

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
crown is about the same price and this is what I found

Voltage Gain: 32.88 dB gain at 1.4 volt sensitivity;25 dB gain at 3.0 volt sensitivity PerformanceFrequency Response: ±0.25 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The frequency response is band limited with an 8 Hz double-integrated 3rd-order But-terworth high-pass fi lter and a 30 kHz 7th-order Gaussian low-pass fi lter.Signal to Noise (A-weighted): > 100 dB below rated power.Damping Factor: > 3,000 from 10 to 400 Hz
0.1% or less TRUE THD
2 ohm Stereo (per channel) 1250

4 ohm Stereo (per channel) 800

8 ohm Stereo (per channel) 500

4 ohm Bridge-Mono 2500

8 ohm Bridge-Mono 1600

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
I have one without the bridging switch. It's an awesome amp. It'll never replace my wopl, but it definitely is a force to be reckoned with. Super sexy looking too with the big green meters. The one weak link is the inputs. As mentioned in the video, they are just solder mounted to the board. Piss poor design on that but easily remedied. I bought mine about 9 years ago from a friend's speaker shop going out of business. I paid $470 for the amp, preamp, and tuner. The pre and tuner were nothing special other than the tuner has some kind of Schotz circuitry, whatever that is. The amp has a trim piece that's anodized aluminum that fades to a bronze color over time. It doesn't look bad this way though. I'm sure it needs recapped though. All in all, I think it's a fine amp that's under the radar often overlooked. You really don't see these turn up too often. If I was interested, I'd grab it.

Last edited: