WOPL pl14 board kit rev e

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Normally, the POWER transformer does not make noise but we've had a few that do. There are a couple things you can do to minimize the noise. Tighten the 4 bolts a bit, re-treat the laminates with some more goo

You got kind of a Kluge going so who knows. I'll defer to the Engineer in this case as I am kind of confused with your choice of words and your refusal to give him the pictures he has asked for 10 times.

"I tested at 1k and it had a good sine wave and when I brought it up into clipping (I think 150v peak to peak watts? )" HUH?

Tagline
Always Thinking Outside The Box.
Has their been any problems w the PL14-20RG1 board and running into a 4 Ohm speakers or even less ohm?
With a PL Original Backplane or the Kit?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Has their been any problems w the PL14-20RG1 board and running into a 4 Ohm speakers or even less ohm?
With a PL Original Backplane or the Kit?

I believe Joe mentioned there were only 1 or 2 Full Comp back Planes built with WO Control Boards (maybe I misunderstood) but the Back Wall on an original PL (Full Or Semi comp) are friggin Junk. Why would you NOT use the tried and proven WO Back Planes? Any of the original electronics of the PL's is going to be your weak link and will fail more sooner than later.

As far as 4 ohm or lower??? I'd skip that Idea especially with the original junk BP. You CAN run 4 ohm, but you better run a good fan system. Anything lower and you are asking for trouble. I know some Gents running lower than 4 but you need to know what you are doing and a Kludged back plane AINT gonna do it.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Normally, the POWER transformer does not make noise but we've had a few that do. There are a couple things you can do to minimize the noise. Tighten the 4 bolts a bit, re-treat the laminates with some more goo

You got kind of a Kluge going so who knows. I'll defer to the Engineer in this case as I am kind of confused with your choice of words and your refusal to give him the pictures he has asked for 10 times.

"I tested at 1k and it had a good sine wave and when I brought it up into clipping (I think 150v peak to peak watts? )" HUH?

Still no pics of the back wall???

Tagline
I believe Joe mentioned there were only 1 or 2 Full Comp back Planes built with WO Control Boards (maybe I misunderstood) but the Back Wall on an original PL (Full Or Semi comp) are friggin Junk. Why would you NOT use the tried and proven WO Back Planes? Any of the original electronics of the PL's is going to be your weak link and will fail more sooner than later.

As far as 4 ohm or lower??? I'd skip that Idea especially with the original junk BP. You CAN run 4 ohm, but you better run a good fan system. Anything lower and you are asking for trouble. I know some Gents running lower than 4 but you need to know what you are doing and a Kludged back plane AINT gonna do it.
That might be my problem , what are the symptoms?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

Back walls...

>500 Backplanes...

Tagline
I do not understand what I’m reading here, but carry on…
Yes
I Hijack this thread after somebody else did.
so its confusing now.
So I will start a new thread later after I figure out some stuff first.

Joe
Do you remember what the conclusion was for the 2 previous builds
Were there any parts added?

Thank

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yes
I Hijack this thread after somebody else did.
so its confusing now.
So I will start a new thread later after I figure out some stuff first.

Joe
Do you remember what the conclusion was for the 2 previous builds
Were there any parts added?

Thank
The few folks that embarked on that did not consult me for anything, they had the expertise and just did it. Thus I could not tell you anything.