WOPL 400 and speaker pairing

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
I am hoping to get away without needing a fan. Usually play my music at low to med levels which is equal to Lee's "Soooo. when you gonna turn it on?".

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
My 300w Cerwin Vega's are about that, I think 6.5ohms. She will get warm if you crank the hell out of her but you usually run out of speaker before you run out of amp :laughing5:. Fan sets are cheap insurance to keep your hot bitch going down on your ears :laughing5:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I am hoping to get away without needing a fan. Usually play my music at low to med levels which is equal to Lee's "Soooo. when you gonna turn it on?".
I doubt she will even get warm. Mine does not start to warm up until you REALLY put the gas to her

The dual fan setup Jer put on Sally is pretty quiet. You don't hear them unless there is no source playing and then it's still low

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
My 300w Cerwin Vega's are about that, I think 6.5ohms. She will get warm if you crank the hell out of her but you usually run out of speaker before you run out of amp :laughing5:. Fan sets are cheap insurance to keep your hot bitch going down on your ears :laughing5:

My D9's were 5.3 ohm...

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Put yout meter on the apeaker posts with the speaker wires off of them..
Ah, or if you have banana plugs ...

d9ohms.jpg

Guess I do have about 4 ohms or so.. but that is with "modified" D9's where I also bypassed the LPads so the net effect would probably be lower resistance than "stock".

Might want to think about some fans here too, but it's not too often I get THAT carried away where my ears are bleeding and cops are banging on the door. :toothy9: