White Oak Audio Design PL14_20 Quick Test Steps - Quasi-Comp and Full-Comp

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Don't settle for cheap Cina test equipment that aint worth $200. If you can't afford a decent one, you can't afford a $200 piece of crap that won't do anything. I'm not calling you cheap or a broke-dick or anything, it's just that the meter ain't worth squirt.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I think Ed you need to write a procedure in order to get reliable comparative data. I for one do not publish much data because what I use for equipment may differ with others. Also types of Leeds and lengths, voltage of main supply, supply distortion Etc. etc. differ for all of us. When I test I compare to my last units built. this is the best can do without exact steps.

I have done extensive research on Bais. There is much information on amperage required to turn on the devices but a true explanation on correct voltage setting is very allusive.

I am very interested in this subject. With dual rail voltage amps your bias varies quite a bit from high to low rail. I am now making an intendant fixed voltage supply to power the control board regardless of rail voltage which will supply constant bias voltage regardless of rail voltages.

Any further information would help all of us.

Glen, yer right. What really matters is that you can use a set test procedure that you use, and basically if your numbers on the next amp you do are pretty consistent , then you can be sure that the one you are testing is working correctly. Me, you, Lee, all use different methods and it doesn't mean that mine or yours are wrong. I test with inputs to the amp at 100mv, 250mv, 500mv, and 1 volt, Both weighted, and unweighted , with freq's at 2Khz-10Kh and swept......... I don't run my amps till the fuses blow.... That aint good on test equipment, amps or my nerves..... If you test every scenario that Mr. QA want's, you'll be at it for weeks and it still wouldn't be correct or enough.... I don't post much for results just for that reason... Mr. QA will just continue with his yammering about a 40 year old amp that has ZERO in common with the WOPL..... Maybe if he could actually FINISH an amp and do all his own stuff, and post his results, I keep mine in a folder for reference. Remember, Phase Linear didn't test EVERY amp at full power till the fuses blow, they did those specs on a few and moved on.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
The TDM-1911 can be used to measure the distortion and level parameters of audio products. The two-point signal distortion measured at 400 hz and 1 KHZ frequency is 0.01%~30% of 6 full scales.

I'd skip buying this..... Save your money, an 8903 can be had for another $100-$200 more
And get the B if getting an 8903