Where I live

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
stuwee said:
Elite-ist said:
stuwee said:
Cool stuff guys :thumbleft:

Nando, does the GS have a bench seat, so you can hold your baby close while ya'll cruise? I love how the exhaust tips come thru the bumper, schweeet :D
Hi stuwee,

Thanks! No, it has bucket seats and centre console. But, my 1989 Buick Electra Estate Wagon has a good old bench front seat and a huge cargo area once the middle seat, and rear facing seats are folded down. Yes, a twin mattress fits in there.

The through-bumper exhaust is denoted as the N-25 option and was only available on the 1971-2 Skylark GS. Not many GSs were ordered with this option.

Nando.
Cool, I didn't think I saw many like that at shows and thought it was a Canadian thing :cyclops:

I lost my virginity in the back of my '71 Vista Cruiser wagon, no mattress, just a blanket, TMI, I know :oops:
Stuwee,

Ooooh, you used your parent's car for the most important phase of your life. I was very close to buying a 1971 Vista Cruiser with W-30 hood, striping and, of course big block 455. It was a beaut! Rally Red exterior with white striping. It was a replica of a 1970 Wonder Wagon. Somewhere, I have the test article on that wagon. My favourite test mule which didn't make it to production, but was 1 of 1 built by GM, was a 1988 Buick Electra Estate Wagon with the 1987 Buick GNX 3.8 litre turbo powerplant. Now, you know why I've held onto the wagon for so long. It hasn't turned 60K miles, yet. And it was something I've been contemplating for awhile. But, I do have a spare low mile 1971 Buick 455 engine and Turbo 400 transmission if I want to go that route.

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I'd love to read that test, I think I told you Dad had a 455 Stage I put into our VC after it's head on collision, no special hood or ram air induction, it was a real sleeper, I put 2 50lb sand bags in the under floor storage compartment over the rear axle for better traction racin' Chevelle's and 'Stangs, the VC won quite a few even with snow tires (my secret uber sleeper suck them in for the $$'s trick :lol: ).

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
stuwee said:
I'd love to read that test, I think I told you Dad had a 455 Stage I put into our VC after it's head on collision, no special hood or ram air induction, it was a real sleeper, I put 2 50lb sand bags in the under floor storage compartment over the rear axle for better traction racin' Chevelle's and 'Stangs, the VC won quite a few even with snow tires (my secret uber sleeper suck them in for the $$'s trick :lol: ).
Boy, you are tempting me, stuwee! My wagon weighs in at about 4,500lbs.. I use it to tow my ski boat, but it doesn't have the oats with the factory 307, for a real long haul trip towing the boat. Like you, I would keep it sneaky, if I hid a big-block under the hood. I might not go to the full extent of snow tires, but perhaps the stainless wire wheels with white walls would be enough to not attract any attention. Don't you miss those days!

Nando.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
stuwee said:
Steve showin' off his tater tots :cheers:

My shed is full of crap, hell the whole house is full, all 5 closets and the spare bedroom :mrgreen:
You have three more closets than I do! :rr:

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
orange said:
There is a new outbuilding at Castle Orange.

FINALLY[attachment=6:diasqd76]Nu shed.jpg[/attachment:diasqd76][attachment=5:diasqd76]Nu shed (1).JPG[/attachment:diasqd76][attachment=4:diasqd76]Nu shed (2).JPG[/attachment:diasqd76][attachment=3:diasqd76]Nu shed (3).JPG[/attachment:diasqd76][attachment=2:diasqd76]Nu shed (4).JPG[/attachment:diasqd76][attachment=1:diasqd76]Nu shed (5).JPG[/attachment:diasqd76][attachment=0:diasqd76]Nu shed (6).JPG[/attachment:diasqd76]
Looks like a Minnesota Ice Fishin Shack

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Nando, Stuwee, when I was a freshman in college I had brought with me a 1950 Willys pickup I had made a flatbed out of, had put a 289 Ford with a Husky Overdrive, 4 barrel 650 Holley, and stoplight raced it for drinking money. In 4 wheel low you were at the next light before the hot rods were done smokin the tires. Had to carry a box full of u-joints as they were good for only 3-4 of those runs.

stuwee

Ha, a biatch to change those U-joints too! Sounds like a hoot! No one expects an old Willys to be fast :shock: And those small block Fords hada lot of torque, bet ya just left it in second gear, right?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That and just shoved from 2nd to 3rd and the overdrive had synchros and i had em tight. If I made the 2-3 shift they didnt have a prayer.

orange

Tagline
orange said:
stuwee said:
Steve showin' off his tater tots :cheers:

My shed is full of crap, hell the whole house is full, all 5 closets and the spare bedroom :mrgreen:
You have three more closets than I do! :rr:
I be stuffing stuff in that shed now.

stuwee

Good boy! I have a little room in one of mine, for some, you know, vintage gear!!

btw, in one of your pics you posted awhile back there was a reall nice wood cab mono? radio with a big round dial in the top front of it, next to one of your audio racks, could I see more of that when you get time? me likey!

Attachments

orange

Tagline
the 'fishing shack' has got nice crap in it now, all nice and proper, and no Chilly Willy![attachment=2:39dk8fc2]MVC-016S.JPG[/attachment:39dk8fc2][attachment=1:39dk8fc2]MVC-018S.JPG[/attachment:39dk8fc2][attachment=0:39dk8fc2]MVC-019S.JPG[/attachment:39dk8fc2]

Attachments

orange

Tagline
stuwee said:
Good boy! I have a little room in one of mine, for some, you know, vintage gear!!

btw, in one of your pics you posted awhile back there was a reall nice wood cab mono? radio with a big round dial in the top front of it, next to one of your audio racks, could I see more of that when you get time? me likey!
It's in South Korea and she made it pretty. I bought it and shipped it to her.