What's the thoughts on the 200 (series II) upgrade kits on eBay?

Tagline
---
I installed one in my PL200 II which was completely fried... and, it sounds really good to me. I replaced every transistor and diode with the parts from the kit, (plus new power transistors) and I'm happy with the sound, but I've never compared it to a PL200 II with all original parts. Thoughts?

Charles.

hayabusa

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I installed one in my PL200 II which was completely fried... and, it sounds really good to me. I replaced every transistor and diode with the parts from the kit, (plus new power transistors) and I'm happy with the sound, but I've never compared it to a PL200 II with all original parts. Thoughts?

Charles.
We'll I'm not familiar with the kit you purchased however, if it contained most of the capacitors and other parts you mentioned, it should be better then the tired parts in your amp.

If it sounds good to you and it's reliable, that's all that matters.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I recall the one an eBay seller had and he just sat it down on gravel to take pictures....damn! That would be the power output range I'd like...as much as I think the 400 and 700 are cool, especially WOPLed, it's more power than I want to foist on my four neighbors' homes. My Pioneer SA-8800 or even if I fixed either of the SX-D7000s is enough, barring reserve power. But the 200 would be like the D7000 in power handling and even better if I could run four speakers like on the D7000. I have two large shabby cabinet projects that held 12" E-V coaxials and I was modding them for a horn in the front vent and new rear ports. The cabinet joints need serious help and then some bronco vinyl or felt over that with casters and handles and some grilles.

I have Pioneer 12" PA speakers from Parts-Express that have been discontinued for several years and either Sansui or Magnavox alnico horns, can't remember as it's been so long...probably Magnavox. They would handle 120 watts with reserve all alone.