What happened to Diana Krall ?

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
What was her last release and is she still making musicians? Any new sultry jazz pianist singers with new releases?

Quiet Nights.....I just answered my own post !! Wow, doesn't anyone else follow her? I think she is one of the best jazz pianist/ female vocalists of our time. Simply amazing recording usually too! And she is one of the few who actually paid her dues...

I use to have every one of her CD's, but I do not have the last one.....which gets very mixed reviews...most not very favorable. Anybody got it, and have an opinion?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Never heard her, but if she's anything like Patricia Barber, she's good.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
ksrigg said:
What was her last release and is she still making musicians? Any new sultry jazz pianist singers with new releases?

Quiet Nights.....I just answered my own post !! Wow, doesn't anyone else follow her? I think she is one of the best jazz pianist/ female vocalists of our time. Simply amazing recording usually too! And she is one of the few who actually paid her dues...

I use to have every one of her CD's, but I do not have the last one.....which gets very mixed reviews...most not very favorable. Anybody got it, and have an opinion?
i believe she married Elvis Costello and he's busy being Mr. Krall.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I don't care about the piano part. I do like her voice though. I have a few Cds and LPs. Don't remember her last one though. I have to be in the mood.

Larry

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I have Love Scenes, Quiet Nights and Stepping Out. Stepping out is her first album and has a really good bounce - Ray Brown inspired. Quiet Nights is, well, quiet... Puts me to sleep.